Wiim Pro+ OPAMP replace

I haven't done the 7 differences game..just that it's affordable in modification..
that the decoupling of the akm is a necessarily important subject..etc... but on a photo on multilayers I wouldn't have fun digging very deep...really not...
;-))
(I am waiting with interest for the test returns from opa1611 (easy)...and for this v4 of vent capacitors (not so easy))

Last edited:
I haven't done the 7 differences game..just that it's affordable in modification..
But what for? It's a comparison between V1 which was available at the very beginning and is no longer sold and V2 which is available currently.

no..look..
v03 in card vs "v04" (?)...
(would be good to see what is announced with the history of "your http" etc with this "v04" card? ;-) )

Last edited:
V03 audio boards were reported as PCB 2 version:

I'm pretty sure that V04 are reported as PCB 3 via http api.

Can someone please post HIGH RESOLUTION photos of borth PCBs? Borth v03 and v04.

tadaaam :cool:

Attachments

• OPA1611_3.jpg
    OPA1611_3.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 96
  • OPA1611_2.jpg
    OPA1611_2.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 87
Compared to its price, the 5534 is very good! But the OPA1611 is even better! The sound is more natural, more analog, bigger stage, better separated instruments. A leap in quality is the OPA1611. Of course, it is much more expensive than the 5534.I was originally going to get OPA627, but it ran out, so I bought OPA1611.

bipolaire (553* ) vs bipolaire (161*)..
fet (tl7* 134 604, etc.) vs fet (627, etc.)
;-)

Last edited:
Compared to its price, the 5534 is very good! But the OPA1611 is even better! The sound is more natural, more analog, bigger stage, better separated instruments. A leap in quality is the OPA1611. Of course, it is much more expensive than the 5534.I was originally going to get OPA627, but it ran out, so I bought OPA1611.
if you have the possibility to modify some measurements it will certainly be interesting ;-)

Hello!

I recently bought a Wiim pro+ streamer and I want to get the most out of it. I replaced the factory rca cable, and a Topping P50 linear psu is on the way. I'm thinking about other tunning for the wiim pro plus. I want to replace the SE5534 opamps.
The options are:
OPA627
OPA1611
AD8065

Can any of them be inserted in place of 5534? Of course, if necessary, I would use a dip8/sop8 converter.

I welcome advice and constructive opinions.

My stereo system:
Onkyo Integra A8450 vintage amplifier, B&W DM602S1, original Audioquest speaker cable and Chinese fake Nordost odin rca :)

Sorry, my bad english! :(

br,
zacci
Opamps in a dac just might be a waste of money I asked Andrew Sparks if I should put his opamps in my dac or my amp his response was change both which makes sense because the opamps in your amplifier will change the sound so if you can't do both you might be wasting quite a bit of cash.

Opamps in a dac just might be a waste of money I asked Andrew Sparks if I should put his opamps in my dac or my amp his response was change both which makes sense because the opamps in your amplifier will change the sound so if you can't do both you might be wasting quite a bit of cash.
it makes any sense....except for him to sell twice as much...and he has to estimate that these aop are "universal" and "ultimate" (until the next version)...it works not like this...

Hello,
I use German-made WBE Audio Amplifiers that make use troughout of the BB/TI627 op-amp.
Sounds great, indeed.
In one of my hifi-chains I use an older TEAC/Esoteric X-05 CD/SACD-player, in which the 5534 is built in.
I asked Mr. Bret (WBE Audio owner) if he could exchange the 5534 against the 627 - and he did it.
Then we listened to it, and as I was able to get a second X-05 (non-modified), so we could switch from input 1 to input 2 on the WBE Audio Veracity pre-amp and compare directly both X-05 players.
In every aspect the modified player was better - it was not a "giant step", but well worth the money.
Mr. Bret explained, that as the X-05 was not the top-of-the-range player by TEAC/Esoteric, they might have left the 627 out for that model, and built into the greater/more expensive player the better op-amp - in order to justify the higher price tag.

understandable. OPA627 43X is more expensive than 5534. OPA1611 is 10x more expensive.In any case, a cost increase factor. The price/value ratio of 5534 is excellent!
I'm glad I replaced 5534 for OPA1611. In general, I got a better sound, but not 10x better.

Back