Wiim Pro Plus DLNA Playback 384/ 24 Bit issue

LimeWire

Hello everyone,

I'm using Jriver MC 28 and the WiiM Pro Plus as a DLNA renderer to Playback my music library at 384kHz/24 bit, via DLNA configuration Menu. I have a pretty various library of dsf, flac, ogg, mp3 etc., so i wanted to Output any File with the highest sampling rate as possibe.
I even tried 768/24 Bit through the DSP settings for DLNA in Jriver which kind of worked but i assume because of the Ethernet only being 100mbits, there was stuttering and Not an enjoyable playback possible, so i stick back to 384/24.
Unfortunately i'm sporadically suffering from a terrible 'pink noise' between music Tracks (native Format, Bit depth does not matter, e.g. 16 or 24 bit) while using those Render settings. Lately i listened for hours to my library without any issues but another day i had the "pink noise" issue between 10 mins repeatedly, which i cannot explain so far.

Because native dsd Support is missing so far for wiim pro plus (even though it was advertised for), i've been pretty happy with the PCM solution, would not be this problem. The sound via Line-out at those settings is great and i dont want to miss it because of this unusual behaviour.

I attached a Screenshot with Playback Details, maybe someone has an Idea or experienced similar Problems...

Best regards!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-22-12-04-48-536_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-22-12-04-48-536_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    482.5 KB · Views: 17
Submit a ticket to WiiM thru the settings/feedback section in the WiiM Home app. While the DAC may well support higher bitrates (and DSD), it may be the firmware hasn't been updated to handle those

I suppose I have to ask why you feel you want/need to upsample flac, ogg, mp3 etc. to 384/24 or beyond.
Won't necessarily make it sound any better, and is just giving you problems!

But this upsampling issue is a long lasting "religious war" in digital audio. One say so....others say so. So do I.
And when "audiophiles" struggle the devil sits in a corner learning 😉

I am already there waiting for more leaving the wrong and evil path of digital to reach the analog heaven 😉

I suppose I have to ask why you feel you want/need to upsample flac, ogg, mp3 etc. to 384/24 or beyond.
Won't necessarily make it sound any better, and is just giving you problems!
Yeah, no need at all to upsample, especially for mp3s, as it won't add back in what's already lost and only puts an unnecessary load on all components in the chain.

But what to do if you own this fancy gear, able to handle and show these impressive high resolution rates on a display, and there is no such music available?
You have to pump mp3s or oggs up to what you want to see.
Even if it does surely not read so I can understand!!

Last edited:
Thank you for responses so far. I use upsampling because of my dsf Files, otherwise they won't Play with original Render settings on WiiM. Of course i can choose a lower sampling rate which works, but for dsd i thought it would be nice to have a big 'container' like 384/24.

Thank you for responses so far. I use upsampling because of my dsf Files, otherwise they won't Play with original Render settings on WiiM. Of course i can choose a lower sampling rate which works, but for dsd i thought it would be nice to have a big 'container' like 384/24.
No need to justify things! It is all about music and feeling and if it is ok for you it is fine. I as an old guy still have learned my (eventually wrong) law: Every upsampling is evil! 😉

Hello everyone,

I'm using Jriver MC 28 and the WiiM Pro Plus as a DLNA renderer to Playback my music library at 384kHz/24 bit, via DLNA configuration Menu. I have a pretty various library of dsf, flac, ogg, mp3 etc., so i wanted to Output any File with the highest sampling rate as possibe.
I even tried 768/24 Bit through the DSP settings for DLNA in Jriver which kind of worked but i assume because of the Ethernet only being 100mbits, there was stuttering and Not an enjoyable playback possible, so i stick back to 384/24.
Unfortunately i'm sporadically suffering from a terrible 'pink noise' between music Tracks (native Format, Bit depth does not matter, e.g. 16 or 24 bit) while using those Render settings. Lately i listened for hours to my library without any issues but another day i had the "pink noise" issue between 10 mins repeatedly, which i cannot explain so far.

Because native dsd Support is missing so far for wiim pro plus (even though it was advertised for), i've been pretty happy with the PCM solution, would not be this problem. The sound via Line-out at those settings is great and i dont want to miss it because of this unusual behaviour.

I attached a Screenshot with Playback Details, maybe someone has an Idea or experienced similar Problems...

Best regards!
You may clarify first if the problem occurs with other software as JRMC 28, by using the same base material (like a playlist that doesn't play faultless within JRMC28). I.e. Foobar could be a good starting point. You may point out then as well which format conversion is concerned with that problem. Just to clarify if the source, the upsampling process, ethernet or the hardware device are part of the problem equation.

Back