Wiim Pro Plus dropping Roon Chromecast Audio device

birdietwin

After restarting the Roon Core, the Wiim Pro Plus Chromecast device will appear for a few minutes. I can play music using Roon through it, but after a few minutes it disconnects and the device disappears from the Audio device list in Roon. However, apps that can play through the Chromecast device such as Youtube Music still can connect and play music to it so I think this is a Roon bridging issue with the Wiim Pro Plus Chromecast device. The WiiM Airplay device does not exhibit this behavior. Anyone else notice this?

After restarting the Roon Core, the Wiim Pro Plus Chromecast device will appear for a few minutes. I can play music using Roon through it, but after a few minutes it disconnects and the device disappears from the Audio device list in Roon. However, apps that can play through the Chromecast device such as Youtube Music still can connect and play music to it so I think this is a Roon bridging issue with the Wiim Pro Plus Chromecast device. The WiiM Airplay device does not exhibit this behavior. Anyone else notice this?
As Roon Ready is on its way for the Pro Plus then this is hardly a bug worth fixing is it?

I would prefer the Roon Bridge. If it appeared tomorrow or if the work necessary to complete the bridge is faster than fixing this Chromecast bug I would abandon this thread. But given it's not available yet I would still like to use Chromecast over Airplay as it supports 96/24 streams as compared to 44/16 of Airplay.

I have no issues with Roon with Chromecast rock solid. I imagine it’s something in your network setup that’s blocking Roon from seeing the multicast group Googlecast belongs to. Roon can be susceptible to this and if using Wi-Fi not all handle multicast very well.

As mentioned if you enable squeezebox support you can use that for Roon until Roon Ready certification is ready (won’t hold my breath for that). This will give you up to 192/24 so better than CC, but the remote doesn’t work for some reason. It does when using LMS to the Wiim just not Roon.

Back