Wiim Pro Plus + Rokit 5 question

wikiolo

Hi guys, it's my first post here. Nice to be a part of the old-style forum community! :)

This month I wanted to enter a good audio quality level finally. I bought active monitors (Krk rokit 5 g4) and Wiim pro plus as DAC. I'm using Amazon Music for HQ. When I connected everything I felt that it was not quite this performance. The first thing I felt was a lack of bass and I think I will buy an additional KRK S8.4 Subwoofer. Now I'm wondering if going for active speakers was the right decision after all. Maybe I should just go for a more powerful DAC and passive speakers and use Wiim as a streamer only? What are your thoughts?

Hi guys, it's my first post here. Nice to be a part of the old-style forum community! :)

This month I wanted to enter a good audio quality level finally. I bought active monitors (Krk rokit 5 g4) and Wiim pro plus as DAC. I'm using Amazon Music for HQ. When I connected everything I felt that it was not quite this performance. The first thing I felt was a lack of bass and I think I will buy an additional KRK S8.4 Subwoofer. Now I'm wondering if going for active speakers was the right decision after all. Maybe I should just go for a more powerful DAC and passive speakers and use Wiim as a streamer only? What are your thoughts?
I assumed you meant to write more powerful amp (not dac) and passive speakers, but then you also wrote use the pro as a streamer only... to do that you need an amp somewhere!
Those speakers have DSP, so I'm also assuming they'd convert an analog input to digital, do whatever, and back to analog again (like the wiim amp does with its analog input).

Is it really just the bass that's the main issue?
Being quite small speakers I'm not surprised that you think there's a lack of bass, but yes, a subwoofer may make a reasonable difference.
However, I can't see how you'd connect one unless maybe you split the wiim's analog output.

I don't know what you had before, how big your room is, what budget you have etc., but to be brutally honest, if you are having doubts then maybe this combination isn't for you.

Back