WiiM Pro Plus

The details of the case matter. Simply plugging another device into the power strip can have a measurable impact.

The details of the case matter. Simply plugging another device into the power strip can have a measurable impact.
Indeed. Get a horrible buzz through the office hi fi when I plug my phone in to charge into the same power strip.
Solution? Stop taking work calls ;)

Will there be a product in near future to see a Streamer from WiiM that is feature rich to compete with Eversolo or Matrix ?

Will there be a product in near future to see a Streamer from WiiM that is feature rich to compete with Eversolo or Matrix ?

The only feature from either Eversolo or Matrix I'd like to see on a WiiM streamer is USB out. The tiny little screens don't interest me at all, and while the Eversolo (and Fiio) streamers decided to support high-res Apple Music by customizing obsolete versions of Android for their device OS, I'm not sure that's a supportable solution in the long term, for all kinds of reasons.

OTOH, if WiiM releases a version of their Pro product with USB out -- which all my downstream DACs support -- that could be enough for me to replace my OG Pros with the new build.

The only feature from either Eversolo or Matrix I'd like to see on a WiiM streamer is USB out. The tiny little screens don't interest me at all, and while the Eversolo (and Fiio) streamers decided to support high-res Apple Music by customizing obsolete versions of Android for their device OS, I'm not sure that's a supportable solution in the long term, for all kinds of reasons.

OTOH, if WiiM releases a version of their Pro product with USB out -- which all my downstream DACs support -- that could be enough for me to replace my OG Pros with the new build.
i am absolutely with you regarding the small display. Since a while an iFi Neo Stream is here for testing. For my old eyes the display can only be identified as a colored point. May be it makes sense in a pure desktop solution. The connectivity, the build quality and the good sound with the internal DAC beat my Pro with the Cambridge DAC only by nose.
As mentioned by me before 😉 a WiiM with only Ethernet, USB out and Roon Ready would be enough, but I understand that such a product surely is too niche-ish. And because WiiMs policy seems to tend to always more than before I am sure not to see such a box. 😉

i am absolutely with you regarding the small display. Since a while an iFi Neo Stream is here for testing. For my old eyes the display can only be identified as a colored point. May be it makes sense in a pure desktop solution. The connectivity, the build quality and the good sound with the internal DAC beat my Pro with the Cambridge DAC only by nose.
As mentioned by me before 😉 a WiiM with only Ethernet, USB out and Roon Ready would be enough, but I understand that such a product surely is too niche-ish. And because WiiMs policy seems to tend to always more than before I am sure not to see such a box. 😉
I'm OK with WiiM including a DAC so that it can slot in to a range of existing setups easily. Or even add an amp stage so that it can front-end passive speakers. I do think there's a pretty large opportunity for a device that eschews all the analog-in stuff and uses the freed-up space/circuitry to improve their other functions. While I think I understand why they decided to support analog in for multiroom distribution, I have to wonder how many of their customers are actually feeding analog output into their WiiM ecosystems.

I have 2 Pro’s, 1 coax out to SCHITT dac, rca’s out to amp for outdoor speakers (dac used). 2nd Pro same coax out to SCHITT DAC. Would really like a USB output, use only as streamer.
Second this, I need usb out for my kef x300a powered speakers

Just popped up in YT. I did not watch because this question does not touch me. But quite sure it will be interesting for one or another and gives stuff for even more discussions against boredom 😂😂

Just popped up in YT. I did not watch because this question does not touch me. But quite sure it will be interesting for one or another and gives stuff for even more discussions against boredom 😂😂

Ah, your somewhat divisive friend Hans. Wondering whether I should just stand back and let battle commence? 😜😂

I find his delivery very soporific. Shame he didn’t comment on just using the WiiM’s optical output and bypassing its DAC to see if he noticed the same results.

The most expensive PSU wins of course, but at least he stopped to call Nirvana an LPS. I could remind the case and circumstances when the best LPS gives much worse results than a cheap stock PSU, but it doesn't really matter.

As mentioned I did not look yet. Matchday today and kickoff is 1830.
He was never an entertaining one, but I do not see the eventual critics more entertaining.😂😂

your engineers, or those of akm (if as it seems you have taken over evk from akm) can they specify the output impedance of the pro plus?
it is sensitive data....
thank you...
@WiiM Support @WiiM Team Would it be possible to get this information for the Line Outs? I'm ordering a passive amplifier and it would be good to know.

Back