WiiM Pro Plus

I see Eversolo are at it again claiming they’ve got Qobuz Connect working for the DMP-A6. Funnily enough, Qobuz don’t agree with that as I found out today thru WiiM contacting Qobuz. You’d think having got their fingers burned over Roon Ready that they would have learned their lesson…
False marketing in its best.
You'd think Eversolo have absolutely no reason for any of that given the great reviews their unit has been receiving. No need to be deceptive about anything or cause someone to make a purchase prematurely that they might then be angry enough about to just return, leaving a sour taste in their mouth about the brand.

You'd think Eversolo have absolutely no reason for any of that given the great reviews their unit has been receiving.
One thing about the Eversolo, it has USB, optical, and coax digital inputs, and it has USB, optical, and coax digital outputs, but only the internal streamer can be routed to the digital outputs. The digital inputs can only output analog. That was a deal breaker, contrary to their Amazon listing.

Also their return policy is to hold your payment for 30 days or more before they will start to process your return. The VU meters were cute, but WiiM is miles ahead!

One thing about the Eversolo, it has USB, optical, and coax digital inputs, and it has USB, optical, and coax digital outputs, but only the internal streamer can be routed to the digital outputs. The digital inputs can only output analog. That was a deal breaker, contrary to their Amazon listing.

Also their return policy is to hold your payment for 30 days or more before they will start to process your return. The VU meters were cute, but WiiM is miles ahead!
The other thing about the Eversolo is that it runs Android, which means it will be unsupported for security updates in about three years. Then what? Doubtful that Eversolo will update Android to a new full version.

I edited above

I will see if my Pro (got no Plus) will DOP

Stay tuned...
Ok, so I finally got around to plugging my Pro (not +) into my DOPable DAC
So, good and bad news
DOP is not currently supported, but the music was converted to 24/192 PCM...which did not sound as good as the same files using USB (and therefore DSD Direct) or my Pi with Digione doing DOP

Wiim team, can we expect a more functional Squeezelite in a future update?

Hopefully

Ok, so I finally got around to plugging my Pro (not +) into my DOPable DAC
So, good and bad news
DOP is not currently supported, but the music was converted to 24/192 PCM...which did not sound as good as the same files using USB (and therefore DSD Direct) or my Pi with Digione doing DOP

Wiim team, can we expect a more functional Squeezelite in a future update?

Hopefully
Is this not more a case of the WiiM device not supporting DoP, no matter how it‘s delivered? I’d drop them a ticket asking them about DSD/DoP support on all their devices - for example, it might be that the Pro or Plus might support such in the future, but not the Mini given the latter’s lower RAM/CPU capability?

Is this not more a case of the WiiM device not supporting DoP, no matter how it‘s delivered? I’d drop them a ticket asking them about DSD/DoP support on all their devices - for example, it might be that the Pro or Plus might support such in the future, but not the Mini given the latter’s lower RAM/CPU capability?
Some notes on DOP specifications

Squeezelite, in some compiles, is compatible
The Digione Pi uses it

For those interested in. Amazon Germany says delivery 09.09.2023. Just for your info.

IMG_1601.jpeg

By the way because we use Amazon not so often. The only way to see the delivery date was to put the item to the shopping basket, having a look and then deleting again. No other way possible?

By the way because we use Amazon not so often. The only way to see the delivery date was to put the item to the shopping basket, having a look and then deleting again. No other way possible?
No, I don’t think so - a lot probably depends on your address, how close you are to a distribution centre that has it in stock, what couriers are available etc. Someone else in Germany might get a different target delivery date as a result.

Last edited:
If someone is interested in Pro Plus appeared also on Amazon Italy.
Delivery 12-09-2023

Seems to have become available globally in Europe, even on Polish amazon. Linkplay has been absent here so far.

I have a pair of Klipsch The Nines, will the WiiM Pro Plus AKM DAC section override the built in Klipsch DAC via optical …or do any of you think it’s even worth it. I have a penchant for the AKM sound.

I have a pair of Klipsch The Nines, will the WiiM Pro Plus AKM DAC section override the built in Klipsch DAC via optical …or do any of you think it’s even worth it. I have a penchant for the AKM sound.
If you use the digital outputs from a WiiM device, it bypasses the WiiM’s DAC. To use the WiiM DAC, you need to use analog out.

Via optical you will use the Klipsch DAC, via analog to the nines you will use the WIIM DAC. I don't know the nines so I don't know wether they then digitize the analog input and put it through the Klipsch DAC.

Via optical you will use the Klipsch DAC, via analog to the nines you will use the WIIM DAC. I don't know the nines so I don't know wether they then digitize the analog input and put it through the Klipsch DAC.
@Khill007
The Klipsch Nine are Active Speakers ran by DSP. As such, they will re-digitize your analog in with an ADC anyway.

Juste use SPDIF input.

Last edited:
If it doesn’t make a difference, then it’s great news. More money saved with the new Pro+ path.

But lots of YouTubers and forums claim power supply make a HUGE difference, why is this the case?
I'm using WiiM Pro and few of my friends

We decided to check, whether Linear Power Supply make any difference and hence added it to the chain with WiiM PRO and we were surprised to see a good, huge difference

So, its proven that LPS make a positive difference in WiiM Pro's performance

Would be great if, WiiM Team gives a due consideration and does the needful in their next version of WiiM Streamer

Last edited:
Back