WiiM Pro Plus

Yay, the Pro + product page is back! I just wish it would be here a bit sooner. Really jonesing for some WiiM, mmm...

** EDIT - And did you see? It is #1 in the Audio Component Receiver category on Amazon, must be popular, eh? **

Pro Plus product page.jpg

Last edited:
Yay, the Pro + product page is back! I just wish it would be here a bit sooner. Really jonesing for some WiiM, mmm...

** EDIT - And did you see? It is #1 in the Audio Component Receiver category on Amazon, must be popular, eh? **

View attachment 2245
I think the #1 is for combined sales of the MinI, Pro and Pro Plus as they’re all in effect on the same product page

I think the #1 is for combined sales of the MinI, Pro and Pro Plus as they’re all in effect on the same product page
I think it's not as this badge shows only for Pro Plus. Which is not available again btw.

View attachment 2245
The first place in the Component Receiver category is Mini. 🙂

Electronics Ranking
Mini : 2,079
Pro : 3,044
Pro Plus : 4,115
Pro with remote : 14,308

It can be surprising that the Mini is still the strongest. 🤔

By the way, Pro is the best-selling product in Japan.
Pro : 3,643
Mini : 25,332
Pro with remote : 34,207

Is the trigger input on the Pro Plus 2.5mm like on the Pro or have they changed to the normal 3.5mm?

I have kind of a stupid question (please excuse my ignorance in this area) 🤔 I’ve never really used Trigger inputs before, and my understanding is that it would turn-on connected audio equipment when pressing play, etc. from the host (i.e. WiiM Pro). I have a Denon receiver that needs to be on a specific input in order to play the music from WiiM. I’m assuming it’s not smart enough to always set it to that input when the Trigger is invoked? It seems like maybe Triggers are really for connected DACs (anything else?) and not really for audio receivers that needs to be on a specific input in order to fully work? Thanks!

I have kind of a stupid question (please excuse my ignorance in this area) 🤔 I’ve never really used Trigger inputs before, and my understanding is that it would turn-on connected audio equipment when pressing play, etc. from the host (i.e. WiiM Pro). I have a Denon receiver that needs to be on a specific input in order to play the music from WiiM. I’m assuming it’s not smart enough to always set it to that input when the Trigger is invoked? It seems like maybe Triggers are really for connected DACs (anything else?) and not really for audio receivers that needs to be on a specific input in order to fully work? Thanks!
The "trigger OUT" is a 12 volt low current signal that comes out of the trigger jack on the back of the WiiM. It is activated when the WiiM is woken up either by pressing a button on it or using the app. It would simply turn on an external item on, like a power amp.

Most receivers would not have a 12v trigger IN jack, but they would have a trigger OUT to turn on a processor or power amp. The trigger does not contain any audio, it is just a way to turn on and off an external device. If your WiM is set to go into sleep mode after x minutes of no audio, it will also turn off the trigger voltage.

Your question makes me wonder if you were thinking of an auto sensing circuit where an amp or receiver would turn on when it senses an audio signal. The WiiMs have something like that for it's inputs where if you have a device like a CD player plugged in to it it will override (or switch to) that input from the default streaming. But the 12v trigger is just a signal to turn on an external device.

Most receivers would not have a 12v trigger IN jack, but they would have a trigger OUT to turn on a processor or power amp. The trigger does not contain any audio, it is just a way to turn on and off an external device. If your WiM is set to go into sleep mode after x minutes of no audio, it will also turn off the trigger voltage.
Thanks @Hollywood - I appreciate the explanation. I understand it better now, especially from an AVR standpoint. Looking at my AVR specs I don’t even have a Trigger at all on it (I thought it did) … but now knowing it’s more for an OUT being present on the AVR (instead of IN) makes my question moot. Thank you!

I think what you want to do can be realized with IR Smart Remote. 😉

I use the "SwitchBot Hub Mini" and "Alexa Routines" to automate AVR power on/off, input switching, and scene switching.

Thanks @Wiimer - I do actually have a Logitech Harmony Hub activity that I tell Alexa to run by voice to automate the above - I’m just extremely horrendously lazy and didn’t want to strain my vocal chords anymore :) Was hoping just hitting the play button on WiiM remote would automagically do its thing with my AVR. Most of the time I have to tell Alexa to run it twice to actually stay on the needed AVR input - a bug that drives me crazy (I think it’s the CEC built into my LG tv doing it - it always wants to revert back to Apple TV 4K input). In thinking about this more (and thank you for making me run additional brain cycles on this), I should probably just create a NEW Harmony activity that leaves the TV off and I shouldn’t run into this problem. Thanks for letting me think more on this one! +1 for additional laziness/voice saving to come

Thanks @Wiimer - I do actually have a Logitech Harmony Hub activity that I tell Alexa to run by voice to automate the above - I’m just extremely horrendously lazy and didn’t want to strain my vocal chords anymore :) Was hoping just hitting the play button on WiiM remote would automagically do its thing with my AVR. Most of the time I have to tell Alexa to run it twice to actually stay on the needed AVR input - a bug that drives me crazy (I think it’s the CEC built into my LG tv doing it - it always wants to revert back to Apple TV 4K input). In thinking about this more (and thank you for making me run additional brain cycles on this), I should probably just create a NEW Harmony activity that leaves the TV off and I shouldn’t run into this problem. Thanks for letting me think more on this one! +1 for additional laziness/voice saving to come
Of course, I believed that you had already automated them. 😁

You're right, the interlocking between AVR and TV is very troublesome. I don't have the Logitech Harmony Hub and Apple TV, so unfortunately I can't share your worries.

By the way, do you use Denon's quick select button?
In my case, I have built these buttons into my Alexa routines to power on and toggle inputs at the same time. At this time, the TV screen will not light up. The only time my TV turns on is when I turn on my FireTV.

Also, I can create a shortcut icon on my Android phone and tap to control it.

These information may not be useful to you. Sorry if it was a waste of time.😉

By the way, do you use Denon's quick select button?
In my case, I have built these buttons into my Alexa routines to power on and toggle inputs at the same time. At this time, the TV screen will not light up. The only time my TV turns on is when I turn on my FireTV.

Also, I can create a shortcut icon on my Android phone and tap to control it.
Ah interesting … Is there a Denon skill for Alexa where you can then use the Quick Select button directly? I don’t really use those buttons, but can see this being useful doing it this way (avoiding the Harmony Hub altogether for this use case) if I’m understanding correctly.

I use iPhone - I don’t think you can create Alexa (or Denon app) shortcuts if that’s how you do it on Android? Thanks.

Ah interesting … Is there a Denon skill for Alexa where you can then use the Quick Select button directly? I don’t really use those buttons, but can see this being useful doing it this way (avoiding the Harmony Hub altogether for this use case) if I’m understanding correctly.

I use iPhone - I don’t think you can create Alexa (or Denon app) shortcuts if that’s how you do it on Android? Thanks.
Unfortunately, I don't think you can use Quick Select in Denon's Alexa skills.

In my case,
Register a quick select button with SwitchBot
Create a scene with Switchbot
Add a scene to an action in Alexa Routines

This is how I set up my routine.
The phone shortcut icon is a SwitchBot widget, not Alexa. I think you can use SwitchBot's widgets on iOS as well.

Maybe I'm as lazy as you are. 😅

Got it - thanks! So in my case I can set it up the same but with Harmony replacing SwitchBot, and Harmony has widgets for the phone I can setup to show this activity. And the scene will show in Alexa to strain strengthen my vocal cords with 💪

*EDIT*
And to make this even better (thought just came to me) would be if the WiiM Remote preset buttons could be programmed to run an Alexa routine so all I gotta do is press a button! Maybe I’ll add that to the WiiM Remote wishlist if not already there.

Last edited:
*EDIT*
And to make this even better (thought just came to me) would be if the WiiM Remote preset buttons could be programmed to run an Alexa routine so all I gotta do is press a button! Maybe I’ll add that to the WiiM Remote wishlist if not already there.

I think that's an interesting idea.
You are a genius lazy. 😂

Back