Wiim Pro Power Requirement

For digital output it most probably doesn't matter at all. And in case you use the analog output: The analog section of this device is so bad, you really don't have to worry about the power supply.

I did some tests with different power supplies in the past. The cheap switching ones sounded the best and the linear power supplies always sounded worse.

LPS is the way to go. LPS generally have a lower noice floor, better voltage regulation, and lower output ripple than SMPS. Using a LPS result in better performance and stability for the Wiim Pro.That is my experiense.

LPS is the way to go. LPS generally have a lower noice floor, better voltage regulation, and lower output ripple than SMPS. Using a LPS result in better performance and stability for the Wiim Pro.That is my experiense.
Really? And how did you measure a performance improvement?

Now, now children! Play nicely with your forum: No bits-are-bits bullies allowed!
If we want to waste $$ on what you consider snake oil, that's our right. -or left.

Last edited:
If you want to waste your money, just do it and don't persuade that snake oil is not snake oil.

For me it is never a target so safe other people's money 😉 And vice versa I do not want answers to unquestioned questions. If I need help I kindly will ask. Telling with joy and may be a little bit proud 'bout new purchases and immediately getting attacked by self-selected all-knowing is bad style. If I will spend my hard earned money for snake oil what business is it of yours?
Anyway, nice weekend for everyone!

Well an update to my previous question.
I contacted Wiim about the Topping P50 lpsu being only rated to 1 amp and they told me not to worry and it would work fine.
Which it has been doing for the last month.
I know have the benefit of an on/ off switch!

Well an update to my previous question.
I contacted Wiim about the Topping P50 lpsu being only rated to 1 amp and they told me not to worry and it would work fine.
Which it has been doing for the last month.
I know have the benefit of an on/ off switch!
That's really interesting. Any discernable diffference in sound from the Wiim Pro when it's powered by your Topping P50? Are you using the internal or an external DAC?

Last edited:
is it someone using topping p50 for powering both wiim pro and a dac (e30 II for example)?
I am wondering if p50 is able to power both as it is reported 2x5V/1A, my e30 is reported as 1A input while wiim 1.5A.

Thank you

is it someone using topping p50 for powering both wiim pro and a dac (e30 II for example)?
I am wondering if p50 is able to power both as it is reported 2x5V/1A, my e30 is reported as 1A input while wiim 1.5A.

Thank you
I’m using p50 to power pro and e50. P50 gets hot but it works without issue.

thank you for your prompt feedback. did you make a comparison with power switching? is there any sound difference?
I used genetic adapter before which I used on e50 but it took away the depth and it made the sound dry to my ear. P50 on the other hand sound lively but lack bass. I’m sure users read this will say no difference since it’s bit perfect and snake oil.

Back