WiiM Pro, SPDIF no sound

rky

Hello,
I have recently owned a WiiM Pro. I connect the device with a coax cable with a Topping E30 II , which works very well.
I wanted to make a comparison of the optical transmission with the coax. Unfortunately, I was not able to get a signal into the E30 II with the optical output of the WiiM Pro. I have tested it with two different optical cables, (the original cable from WiiM Pro was included). In the Topping E30 II always flashes only the "COAX" sign in the display, as soon as I switch in the WiiM Home App to SPDIF.
Has anyone an idea? Thanks in advance.

Perhaps you are not switching the input of the DAC. Switch to OPT with the control button (< >) on the remote control.

My D30 PRO is the same remote as the E30ii. If the DAC input remains "COAX", the DAC display will flash "COAX" even if the WiiM output is switched to Optical.

Hello,
your tip with the input selector switch on the Topping E30 II were successful. The optical input works. I seem to have misinterpreted the "autosensig" function.
Thank you very much for your help.

I seem to have misinterpreted the "autosensig" function.
The E30ii does not automatically switch inputs, but works with WiiM's automatic standby function through the auto standby function. If "Standby mode" is turned on in WiiM settings, the DAC will turn off when the music stops. Also, when you play music on WiiM, the DAC is turned on🙂

Back