WiimPro is only Low Res on Amazon HD Music!

Desertratt

I have a week old WiimPro and on Amazon HD music it runs at 44.1K no matter what song, no matter what resolution Amazon says it is.

SETUP
IOS-->Wifi-->WiimPro<--->TOSLINK<--->Cambridge DAC Magic 200--->Stereo system.

I only bought this for the Hi Res, so if it doesn't work I want to return it immediately before the return period ends.

I have a week old WiimPro and on Amazon HD music it runs at 44.1K no matter what song, no matter what resolution Amazon says it is.

SETUP

I only bought this for the Hi Res, so if it doesn't work I want to return it immediately before the return period ends.
On wiim app setting set it to 192khz and 24 bits then click on button to play a tune. Make sure you hear the tune. Second, on wiim amazon apps make sure the UHD toggle switch is on as well as Alexa within wiim is also on enabled.

It's set to 192 24 intge wiim app.

I have an Amazing Music app..but i see no "toggle" of any kind.

I have no plans to ever use ALEXA In this house.

If I have to have Alexa this is going back.

On amazon wiim app there’s this gear icon and that’s where you see UHD toggle switch. On top of amazon apps inside wiim there’s Alexa you need to sign in and enable the toggle switch UHD.

You don't need to use Alexa voice services, but you do need Alexa enabled for Alexacast to work. The WiiM will DEFINITELY do up to 24/192 from Amazon Music. RTMFM.

You don't need to use Alexa voice services, but you do need Alexa enabled for Alexacast to work. The WiiM will DEFINITELY do up to 24/192 from Amazon Music. RTMFM.
I'm not versed in pigion-English. The User Manual doesn't suggest that Alexa is required. It states that the unit can be used with Alexa. And nowhere in the User Manual does it speak of "Alexacast" which i s the technology i suppose they are trying to talk about. STFU.

If your miniDSP is on the analog path between your Carver pre and amp - read again. MiniDSP models internal processing range between 24/48 and 24/96. I’m not trying to beat you up - I’m just pointing out the limiting factoring if you really want to experience a true 24/192 stream. Passive crossovers? BTW, the optical in of the miniDSP which you’re not using if using the Cambridge DAC says 192, but internal processing still maxes out at 24/96. Best practice is to stay analog after the DAC. And of course I owned a Carver pre in the 80’s - the big tall one with Carver Holographic button and the Carver amp (500?) with the gloriously huge VU meters. My current holographic Magic is handled by a set of Maggie’s.

I'm not versed in pigion-English. The User Manual doesn't suggest that Alexa is required. It states that the unit can be used with Alexa. And nowhere in the User Manual does it speak of "Alexacast" which i s the technology i suppose they are trying to talk about. STFU.
You're a real peach. :p

English Translation: I have no desire to converse with robots or install surveillance devices in my home.
The way you can isolate yourself on such surveillance is to not to have internet, no smart devices and no cell phone. your phone is a device that can track you down and you think it’s not surveillance?

SETUP

Go on Amazon music app and settings, streaming audio quality- switch on hd/ultra , then on the wiim app pick device your using, audio settings SPDIF streaming quality, change sample rate.Be aware that ultra hd is still not available if you are using 2 or more wiims’ (it’s coming apparently)

I wonder if you're connecting via airplay?
Follow the app steps above, or as per my pm, and then cast from the amazon music app, via alexacast.

SETUP

If you want to use lossless HD and UHD Amazon Music up to 24/192 from the WiiM app, you need to toggle on the HD/UHD setting in the WiiM app under Amazon Music/ Settings.

If you wish to use Amazon Music app to cast to the WiiM, you need to link to your Alexa/Amazon account (they’re the same anyway) via the Amazon Alexa link in the WiiM app and similarly toggle on HD/UHD under its cog icon/settings in the WiiM app. Amazon Music casts using the AlexaCast protocol so this link to Alexa is mandatory, but doesn’t mean you’re using its secure voice assistant. WiiM’s support of Amazon Music HD is accomplished using Alexa’s Multi Room Music (MRM) architecture - without that, there’d be no hi res support.

You should also check the playback quality in the Amazon Music app settings.

Go on Amazon music app and settings, streaming audio quality- switch on hd/ultra , then on the wiim app pick device your using, audio settings SPDIF streaming quality, change sample rate.Be aware that ultra hd is still not available if you are using 2 or more wiims’ (it’s coming apparently)
It’s there already for the Pro, but memory limitations means that the Mini can’t support multi room lossless Amazon Music

Back