windows 11 - cannot stream audio via WiFi... how to solve it. Only bluetooth works

Mike H

Hi, just received my first wiim pro. Just trying find a solution. How to Stream Audio from Windows 11 laptop using WiFi only (without bluetooth) ? So far no success even with downloaded Wiim Windows app. Want to stream audio via Wifi when watching Youtube / Netflix ..
PS. the speakers icon in Windows right lower corner DOES NOT show Wiim Pro option as well..
THANKS EVERYONE

That’s not really a function of the WiiM devices nor apps. I would have suggested you might want to consider some third party software like SWYH (stream what you hear) which takes your PC’s sound card audio and either transmits that as a web stream or sends it to a UPNP renderer, but someone in the group tried both those routes without great success.

You may be able to feed a WiiM Mini‘s aux in from the PC sound card aux out socket using a cable, link that Mini with your WiiM pro in a group to send your PC’s audio to the WiiM.

It might be easier using your phone or tablet rather than PC and airplay or ChromeCast the audio to the Pro.

I purchased it mostly for Windows laptop to be able to listen Youtube podcasts and Netflix on large speakers WITHOUT the cables. So for me this device is completely pointless ! PS. Wiim was showing they have windows app so I was sure this is fully compatible with PCs. But IT IS NOT.

I purchased it mostly for Windows laptop to be able to listen Youtube podcasts and Netflix on large speakers WITHOUT the cables. So for me this device is completely pointless ! PS. Wiim was showing they have windows app so I was sure this is fully compatible with PCs. But IT IS NOT.
Even if it had a fully featured Windows app like it does on iOS or android, it still wouldn’t do what you want it to do unless your pc supported airplay or ChromeCast audio transmission from the services you mention, which I think is unlikely.

I fear you’ve misread what the device can do, irrespective of platform…

I guess you would like to get a wireless speaker functionality, similar to described below:

It's fine, Pro is ready for that, just buy a Mac because Windows doesn't support it.

thanks Guys...the solution is very simple: google chrome has a built in Cast with Hi Res. I just did not know about it till now. Its working perfectly now. cheers to you all .. and big thanks to

Brantome ..its working perfectly ;) cheers​

Even if it had a fully featured Windows app like it does on iOS or android, it still wouldn’t do what you want it to do unless your pc supported airplay or ChromeCast audio transmission from the services you mention, which I think is unlikely.

I fear you’ve misread what the device can do, irrespective of platform…
thanks Guys...the solution is very simple: google chrome has a built in Cast with Hi Res. I just did not know about it till now. Its working perfectly now. cheers to you all .. and big thanks to

@Brantome ..its working perfectly ;) cheers​

Back