Firmware 4.8.524431

Normally the AppStore (iOS) shows me a list of available updates. Not for the WiiM HA. Have to search and then there is the option "actualize".
Update is done.

4. Improvement - Better audio quality of audio prompts

Does anyone know what this means?
Has the WiiM improved sound quality?

Does anyone know what this means?
Has the WiiM improved sound quality?
I'd imagine something like they are now 128 kbps instead of 64 kbps.
Edit: or maybe a larger bit depth to reduce noise? As we all know, bit depth is all about noise, not accuracy/resolution... ;)
Discuss...

Last edited:
I'd imagine something like they are now 128 kbps instead of 64 kbps.
Edit: or maybe a larger bit depth to reduce noise? As we all know, bit depth is all about noise, not accuracy/resolution... ;)
Discuss...
They may have introduced new technology to Pro that they got from the development of Pro+.😏

@WiiM Support , @WiiM Team ,

Is there an overview of this?

May be it is about system sounds or the files or audio resolution settings 😂😂

Edit: It should read "OF audio resolution..."

Last edited:
I have had my devices Mini and Pro updated just now.
Incomprehensible, without an explanation, point 4 :unsure:

I have had my devices Mini and Pro updated just now.
Incomprehensible, without an explanation, point 4 :unsure:
@Achim1811 seems to be right.

I'm sure the WiiM announcement audio has become of high sound quality.
(I don't know the difference in sound quality, though)
😑

I think the lack of a response from the support team suggests that it is not a meaningful improvement for us.

No new app version yet, so can't test it. Audio prompts may be Alexa?

Any news on turning off the fade in so the player won't cut out the beginning of a song playing from home server?

Every time my WiiM Pro has had an update (including this newest one), it needed to be rebooted for the new firmware to take effect.

So... I try the soft reboot, picking Device>cogwheel> Reboot.

But ... that never works. The unit can't be found by the WHA (iPad), all my settings are missing, and I end up having to perform a hard reboot, pulling the USB power plug out and waiting a few seconds before plugging it back in.

Everything is back to normal and works as it should after all that, but is my unit defective? This is not how I prefer to "reboot". I'm worried that something is going to get fried some day.

Every time my WiiM Pro has had an update (including this newest one), it needed to be rebooted for the new firmware to take effect.

But ... that never works. The unit can't be found by the WHA (iPad), all my settings are missing, and I end up having to perform a hard reboot, pulling the USB power plug out and waiting a few seconds before plugging it back in.

Everything is back to normal and works as it should after all that, but is my unit defective? This is not how I prefer to "reboot". I'm worried that something is going to get fried some day.
Normally, a soft reboot does not result in any loss of settings. Both reboots work pretty much the same on my device.

Please send feedback from the app after the soft reboot. At the same time, logs are sent to help with resolution.

Mine all reboot as part of the update process.
Are you saying you need to perform a manual reboot too / instead?

I had to do that too. It seems better after the last update.

Back