Allow to disable startup sound

We use your device in PA for it's high DNR which is needed there. Unfortunately the startup sound may cause hearing damage as full out level can be 140+dB which occurs after power loss or restarts etc. Please remove it, so we can use this device

We use your device in PA for it's high DNR which is needed there. Unfortunately the startup sound may cause hearing damage as full out level can be 140+dB which occurs after power loss or restarts etc. Please remove it, so we can use this device
Best raising a ticket direct to WiiM thru the settings/feedback in the WiiM Home app for matters like this.

I use a 380 Watt per Ch power amp with the Wiim Pro Plus as the only source, connected to two Martin Logan reQuest speakers.
If I forget to turn on the Wiim 1st, I wake up the whole house when the start-up tone is played. REMOVE IT PLEASE!!!

have we found a way to disable this annoying melody? Please tell me yes...!

My pro is silent on start up but I don't remember purposely changing anything

Wiim Pro plays sound when it is ready to work after power up.
More or less after third power up it starts to be annoying:⁠-⁠)
Please allow to disable that sound.
Agreed. Startup sound absolutely needs to go. This is the one issue that blocks me from installing Wiim in my whole house. What if the power goes out in the middle of the night, comes back on, and the Wiim startup sound blares through all the speakers and wakes everyone up? Great product otherwise!

Last edited:
Apple finally allowed users to disable the stupid cow mooing at startup without having to use something like OPTION - CMD - R - S - Pat head 3 times

Agreed. Startup sound absolutely needs to go. This is the one issue that blocks me from installing Wiim in my whole house. What if the power goes out in the middle of the night, comes back on, and the Wiim startup sound blares through all the speakers and wakes everyone up? Great product otherwise!
If your system(s) amp is off you wouldn’t hear a thing.

If your system(s) amp is off you wouldn’t hear a thing.
Why would my amps be off? They're on 24/7, mounted to a wall in my basement. And if I were using a WiiM Amp, which I'd like to, turning the amp off separately isn't even possible.

Why would my amps be off? They're on 24/7, mounted to a wall in my basement. And if I were using a WiiM Amp, which I'd like to, turning the amp off separately isn't even possible.
It’s your choice to leave your amps on 24/7. Why could you not turn off a WiiM amp separately? I do not understand. Do what you please, I was offering a solution. My amps get turned off every night before I retire and turned back on the following morning.
Perhaps you could provide a little more detail as to why you can’t or won’t turn off your amps when not playing music.

It’s your choice to leave your amps on 24/7. Why could you not turn off a WiiM amp separately? I do not understand. Do what you please, I was offering a solution. My amps get turned off every night before I retire and turned back on the following morning.
Perhaps you could provide a little more detail as to why you can’t or won’t turn off your amps when not playing music.
That's just bizarre. I have no intention of adding "Turn home audio system off" to my bedtime routine, any more than I want to have to unplug my toaster or turn off my computer every night. I just want to play music and stop playing music whenever I want, and not hop out of bed because I forgot to turn my amps off.

That's just bizarre. I have no intention of adding "Turn home audio system off" to my bedtime routine, any more than I want to have to unplug my toaster or turn off my computer every night. I just want to play music and stop playing music whenever I want, and not hop out of bed because I forgot to turn my amps off.
I would hardly call the act of turning off stereo gear before retiring, bizarre. So I guess it’s……..No WiiM Amp For You!!!
Choice is a wonderful thing.

I would hardly call the act of turning off stereo gear before retiring, bizarre. So I guess it’s……..No WiiM Amp For You!!!
Choice is a wonderful thing.
I've enjoyed hearing your light-hearted yet nonsensical take on this. I'll let my message to the WiiM team stand though: The startup chime is a useless feature that is problematic for people who want to use WiiM in an always-on application, such as multi-room audio. As @Sliphorn says, it may result in "No WiiM Amp For me!!!"

I've enjoyed hearing your light-hearted yet nonsensical take on this. I'll let my message to the WiiM team stand though: The startup chime is a useless feature that is problematic for people who want to use WiiM in an always-on application, such as multi-room audio. As @Sliphorn says, it may result in "No WiiM Amp For me!!!"
Hmmm, I am just ever so slightly annoyed that you find my comments nonsensical. I know that millions of stereo gear owners leave their gear on 24/7. Conversely, just as many turn it off when not in use. Nonsensical? No.

Done.

Hmmm, I am just ever so slightly annoyed that you find my comments nonsensical. I know that millions of stereo gear owners leave their gear on 24/7. Conversely, just as many turn it off when not in use. Nonsensical? No.

Done.
My apologies, I didn't mean to say that the fact that you turn your stereo gear off at night is nonsensical. I'm just saying that your argument doesn't make sense -- specifically, that people who leave their gear on should either stop doing so or simply accept that it's going to randomly make noises that the manufacturer could easily prevent.

Back