Input Specific EQ Settings

jbnati

Feature Request: Home App

This one is simple. Please allow us to save unique EQ preferences based on input for each WiiM device.

This would allow me to “tune” and save an EQ for my TV, vs Phono, vs Music Streaming.

I might want “Spoken Word” for TV, custom EQ for Phono, and “Rock” for streaming.

I understand that, but that’s not what I’m asking for. I want unique EQ’s saved per/input for each WiiM device. My living room turntables sounds very different than my kitchen TT.

One globally selected EQ preference is way too broad IMO.

Feature Request: Home App

This one is simple. Please allow us to save unique EQ preferences based on input for each WiiM device.

This would allow me to “tune” and save an EQ for my TV, vs Phono, vs Music Streaming.

I might want “Spoken Word” for TV, custom EQ for Phono, and “Rock” for streaming.
Hi jbnati,

Thank you for your valuable feature request regarding unique EQ preferences based on input for each WiiM device. We understand the importance of having tailored EQ settings for different audio sources like TV, Phono, and Music Streaming.

We're pleased to inform you that we are actively working on this feature, and it's slated for release by the end of January. This update will enable you to customize and save EQ settings for different inputs, enhancing your listening experience based on the content you're enjoying.

Stay tuned for the upcoming release, and we appreciate your contribution to improving our Home App!

Hi jbnati,

Thank you for your valuable feature request regarding unique EQ preferences based on input for each WiiM device. We understand the importance of having tailored EQ settings for different audio sources like TV, Phono, and Music Streaming.

We're pleased to inform you that we are actively working on this feature, and it's slated for release by the end of January. This update will enable you to customize and save EQ settings for different inputs, enhancing your listening experience based on the content you're enjoying.

Stay tuned for the upcoming release, and we appreciate your contribution to improving our Home App!
That’s great news! I’m not surprised you had it in the works.

This is from a different thread, but is there any chance we could get a controllable gain boost for the RCA Line In ? I added a +36db preamp to Record Player, and it’s still less than half the total volume as my digital music playback. I don’t need it to be as loud, but like 40% of the volume at max is pretty low.

I don’t know if this would cause noise floor issue if you artificially raised the gain internally.

Hi jbnati,

This is excellent.
Can you confirm if this feature will also include volume level adjustment per input?

That’s great news! I’m not surprised you had it in the works.

This is from a different thread, but is there any chance we could get a controllable gain boost for the RCA Line In ? I added a +36db preamp to Record Player, and it’s still less than half the total volume as my digital music playback. I don’t need it to be as loud, but like 40% of the volume at max is pretty low.

I don’t know if this would cause noise floor issue if you artificially raised the gain internally.
Hi jbnati,

Let me check with our Eng. team regarding the range of the ADC gain. Please stay tuned!

Hi jbnati,

Excellent! 👏

So would we be able to then export these settings to some means of attached storage or even to the Home app? Allowing backup or restore of settings would be a good thing.

Hi jbnati,

Thanks ! I'm also very interested in this feature ! I really want bass reduced for TV (HDMI) and a more music friendly EQ for the rest.

I just received my unit, firmware 5.0.606744, I don't see it there yet, am I missing something or do I just need to wait a bit longer ? :)

Thanks ! I'm also very interested in this feature ! I really want bass reduced for TV (HDMI) and a more music friendly EQ for the rest.

I just received my unit, firmware 5.0.606744, I don't see it there yet, am I missing something or do I just need to wait a bit longer ? :)
We have independent volume for inputs, but don’t have individual EQ yet

Could there be made some preferences with a EQ when watching movies? For instance focus on the voices( wathing tv), for instance a preference movies, dialog..or 3D?

Could there be made some preferences with a EQ when watching movies? For instance focus on the voices( wathing tv), for instance a preference movies, dialog..or 3D?
These preferences do already exist with the graphical equalizer. And you can save your own presents with the PEQ.

This request is about being able to assign presets to inputs. A reasonably useful feature in some cases. Lyngdorf amplifiers/processors do offer this, for example, but not remotely within the same price range. 😁

These preferences do already exist with the graphical equalizer. And you can save your own presents with the PEQ.

This request is about being able to assign presets to inputs. A reasonably useful feature in some cases. Lyngdorf amplifiers/processors do offer this, for example, but not remotely within the same price range. 😁
Thank you very much for you,r reply.

Yes i see in the app presets for dynamic or bass but maybe WIIM could add presets when watching movies. I am not so familuar with setting up an EQ..graphic EQ i could play a bit but with a paramatric i really have no clue how to set this up correctly. To be Honest also with the graphic EQ i also really don,t know what i am doing.
Would be a help if Wiim could add some more presets..the dynamic,bass...are highy appreciated but to me it would be helpful to have some presets focused on watching movies. For instance dialog,movies,3D..
I wish i had more knowledge about setting up a EQ correctly..to my wishes.

Last edited:
If you want to enhance the voices on your TV, you can try the preset EQ "Vocal Booster". 😉
Havent looked got enough indeed..:D Didnt scrolled down enough to see al the other presets.:D:D:LOL:
Thank you..im very glad with all these presets..Yes i will use vocal booster.:)
Thank you so much for your help!

Feature about EQ setting per input is really needed,

having it per preset in addition to input should be also a must to have

Thank you very much in advance

@WiiM Support

We have independent volume for inputs, but don’t have individual EQ yet
Do we? All I can see is some is some "clever" feature which I think is remembering the level you had music / TV etc when you last used it, which isn't at all what I want. I want to be able to set a startup level for each source.

Do we? All I can see is some is some "clever" feature which I think is remembering the level you had music / TV etc when you last used it, which isn't at all what I want. I want to be able to set a startup level for each source.
Hi Harveynics,

If you adjust the volume level for individual sources, these settings will persist as your default startup levels until you decide to change them. If this setup isn't meeting your needs, could you provide more details about your specific use case? This will help us understand and address your concerns more effectively. Thank you!

Back