WiiM Pro feature request: Voice Command for multi-room, playback to grouped speakers

KolfMAKER

Recently I was happy to receive my WiiM Pro. I mainly bought it because of Google Home and Voice Command capabilities it supports. As I would like to operate streaming music via ' voice commands'.

In the picture below you can see how I made my setup:
  • My Google Home Mini is the input station for Voice Commands. In the Google Home App, the WiiM Pro is configured as the Default Speaker for the Google Home Mini.
  • I have 2 active speakers with each a Linkplay A31 chipset based audio receiver integrated.
  • In the WiiM Home App, the 2 speakers are grouped with each other (one Left, one Right so a stereo set) AND they are grouped 'under' the WiiM Pro unit.
So I expected to start music on the group of speakers (headed by the WiiM Pro), by using voice commands.
But I found out, it did not work.

Therefor I posted a ticket in the online WiiM Help Center. The support person responded explaining to me that the WiiM Pro does not support multi-room playback this way. But he/she also mentions “We will discuss how to implement it and announce our plan in WiiM Pro roadmap”.

My Feature Request to WiiM / Linkplay
  1. Can you please integrate on the WiiM Pro, support for using Google Voice Commands for multi-room playback (or playback to grouped speakers)?
  2. Can it be done by firmware update on the existing WiiM Pro product?

Schermafbeelding 2023-02-09 om 15.35.05.png

Recently I was happy to receive my WiiM Pro. I mainly bought it because of Google Home and Voice Command capabilities it supports. As I would like to operate streaming music via ' voice commands'.

In the picture below you can see how I made my setup:
  • My Google Home Mini is the input station for Voice Commands. In the Google Home App, the WiiM Pro is configured as the Default Speaker for the Google Home Mini.
  • I have 2 active speakers with each a Linkplay A31 chipset based audio receiver integrated.
  • In the WiiM Home App, the 2 speakers are grouped with each other (one Left, one Right so a stereo set) AND they are grouped 'under' the WiiM Pro unit.
So I expected to start music on the group of speakers (headed by the WiiM Pro), by using voice commands.
But I found out, it did not work.

Therefor I posted a ticket in the online WiiM Help Center. The support person responded explaining to me that the WiiM Pro does not support multi-room playback this way. But he/she also mentions “We will discuss how to implement it and announce our plan in WiiM Pro roadmap”.

My Feature Request to WiiM / Linkplay
  1. Can you please integrate on the WiiM Pro, support for using Google Voice Commands for multi-room playback (or playback to grouped speakers)?
  2. Can it be done by firmware update on the existing WiiM Pro product?

View attachment 319

Many thanks for pointing this out. I've been meaning to buy 7 of these bad boys, though the issue you've mentioned is unfortunately a deal breaker for me. I was planning to do the same thing as you with multiple Google/Nest minis and hubs controlling the wiim pros attached to a multizone amplifier with passive speakers in most rooms.

Where might I find the mentioned Wim Pro roadmap? Will keep this on my radar and proceed with my procurement once this issue has been resolved.

Back