Wiim Lacking Automation Features Required for true automation

James Watson

I have a house that has speakers installed into the ceiling, throughout the building. All of the speaker wire go to the garage. There are some major problems that I'm having with the Wiim pro plus devices that allow for true home automation with Google voice commands.

EDIT: Did not know that I needed to add the Wiim devices to a Room in Google Home, to allow it to be used with chromecast and voice commands, thanks chat!

The only feature that seems to be missing at this point that I would love, is the ability to have one single Wiim device have an option in the Wiim App to show up in Google Home as 4 devices, 1 for Right channel mono only, 1 for Left channel mono only, 1 for Stereo only for both speakers, and 1 for Mono for both speakers only.

Without having this feature, if you have a single speaker in one bathroom, and another speaker in another bathroom, you can only play music out of both of them at the same time, or none at all unless you get a Wiim device for EACH speaker!

Would still love to help sort some app bugs out though! :)

Last edited:
Why don’t you configure your different combinations in the Google Home app as standard Google speaker groups and think of those as your “profiles”? You may even be able to use the Google Home app to set up stereo pairs, although I don’t see a way there of configuring speakers otherwise as mono - that might need to be a static setting in the WiiM Home app.

I’m not a Google Assistant user as I prefer to use Alexa voice control and its multi room speaker groups, but what I suggest above should be feasible

I don’t know how long your return window is, but I wouldn’t think It reasonable to expect WiiM to scope, design and deliver a rather bespoke requirement in that length of time. Hopefully Google Home can help provide a solution.

Unfortunately, if you go into the Google Home app, select create a speaker group area, no Wiim device shows up there. Only Google products... Even if they did show up, when you combine them together, you can no longer select them separately.

Unfortunately, if you go into the Google Home app, select create a speaker group area, no Wiim device shows up there. Only Google products... Even if they did show up, when you combine them together, you can no longer select them separately.
Definitely not true!
Have you enabled chromecast on all the wiims?
Have you added each of them to a room in google home?

They do for me otherwise I wouldn’t have made the suggestion, and when I choose Qobuz, for example, both individual and grouped speakers are shown as destinations viz.
IMG_8350.jpgIMG_8353.jpgIMG_8352.jpg

Strangely, I have the opposite problem!
All my wiim pros show up in google home in the create group screen, but only 1 of my 3 chromecasts shows there, despite all 3 chromecasts being shown in the devices screen, and me being able to screen share to all of them.

Strangely, I have the opposite problem!
All my wiim pros show up in google home in the create group screen, but only 1 of my 3 chromecasts shows there, despite all 3 chromecasts being shown in the devices screen, and me being able to screen share to all of them.
So a Google/ Chromecast issue perhaps? All my WiiMs and Amazon Echos are fine 🤣

Crap, running into another issue... How can I connect my powered subwoofer to the audio that wiim that is playing analog out to two speakers? My amp does not have a sub line out. I'm thinking the only way is to use an RCA splitter on both cables before it goes to the amp, correct?

Back