Need help setting up Amazon unlimited

Bcherryholmes

New to the group. Wiim amp for 1 week.

I want to purchase Amazon Unlimited but I'm confused reading the manual on how to set it up. It says to register through my Alexa account, but I don't have an Alexa, echo, or anything like that. So, once I sign up for Amazon Unlimited (I wish I could get the 90 day free trial..), what do I do in Wiim Home to get my Wiim Amp to play Amazon UHD music?

Thanks for helping out this old guy. :)
Bill in NM

New to the group. Wiim amp for 1 week.

I want to purchase Amazon Unlimited but I'm confused reading the manual on how to set it up. It says to register through my Alexa account, but I don't have an Alexa, echo, or anything like that. So, once I sign up for Amazon Unlimited (I wish I could get the 90 day free trial..), what do I do in Wiim Home to get my Wiim Amp to play Amazon UHD music?

Thanks for helping out this old guy. :)
Bill in NM
Tap the Amazon Music icon in the browse menu of the WiiM app and log in with your Amazon account.

Then, tap the Alexa icon to log in with the same Amazon account. You don't need an Echo device or the Alexa app.

Tap the Amazon Music icon in the browse menu of the WiiM app and log in with your Amazon account.

Then, tap the Alexa icon to log in with the same Amazon account. You don't need an Echo device or the Alexa app.

Now that's simple instructions. Thank you for that!

Has anyone ever taken advantage of the Amazon Unlimited 90 day free trial, without having to buy an Alexa or Echo or Kindle? I really thought I saw this offer somewhere.

Thanks again Wiimer!
Bill C.

Now that's simple instructions. Thank you for that!

Has anyone ever taken advantage of the Amazon Unlimited 90 day free trial, without having to buy an Alexa or Echo or Kindle? I really thought I saw this offer somewhere.

Thanks again Wiimer!
Bill C.
When you launch the Amazon app, you may see ads from time to time. (Not Amazon Music in the WiiM app)

If you are eligible for a free trial, I think there is some kind of offer on the Amazon app. (Alternatively, you can view the offer in the Amazon Shopping app.)
😊

When you launch the Amazon app, you may see ads from time to time. (Not Amazon Music in the WiiM app)

If you are eligible for a free trial, I think there is some kind of offer on the Amazon app. (Alternatively, you can view the offer in the Amazon Shopping app.)
apple Music ?😊
I just signed up for a one month trial... have you tested it against any other streaming services such as Spotify or Apple Music?

I just signed up for a one month trial... have you tested it against any other streaming services such as Spotify or Apple Music?
Spotify is 320kbps at best, while Apple Music is to be avoided on WiiM (and many other streamers imho) due to Airplay and third party implementations (including Sonos) only delivering 256kbps AAC. If you want hi res music with Alexa voice control, Amazon Music is your only option in the UK. While Deezer is also supported on Alexa, I don't think it does CD quality on that.

If you were to consider services that don't have Alexa voice control, then Qobuz is an excellent choice

Last edited:
Spotify is 320kbps at best, while Apple Music is to be avoided on WiiM (and many other streamers imho) due to Airplay and third party implementations (including Sonos) only delivering 256kbps AAC. If you want hi res music with Alexa voice control, Amazon Music is your only option in the UK. While Deezer is also supported on Alexa,, I don't think it does CD quality on that.y

If you were to consider services that don't have Alexa voice control, them Qobuz is an excellent choice
Thanks - while I'm apple for most of my tech I use Spotify at the moment. I guess with Qobuz you can group the WiiM Amp with Sonos for multiroom?

I startet my free trial month on Quobuz yesterday, coming from Amazon Music. So far it has made a great impression. The app is much better and I love the additional information about the albums. What I particularly like is the clean separation of offline content.

Thanks - while I'm apple for most of my tech I use Spotify at the moment. I guess with Qobuz you can group the WiiM Amp with Sonos for multiroom?
Wih Qobuz you can use Airplay casting to Sonos, but it'll be capped at CD quality. Actually, that's a point to be noted - Linkplay/WiiM multi room is 16 or 24/48, while Alexa multiroom music is also capped at 24/48 but you'll not get Amazon to admit to that. Some will say however that for multiroom, that's more than enough

Back