Coax cables that fit

Or, you can easily buy one of the many inexpensive cables (some listed above) that actually do fit, instead of voiding your WiiM Pro warranty.

BlueJeans fine...........for COAX as I dont use the DAC.

http://www.bluejeanscable.co.uk/store/digital-audio/index.htm

I have taken my unit apart and noticed the socket is only held on the board by a solder lug and 3 plastic pins that locate into holes on the board. I think the cowling around the plug is designed to stop excessive movement so the socket is not ripped from the board.

Last edited:
These cables are great and they fit:

3 Foot RCA Cable Pair - Gotham GAC-4/1 (Black) Star-Quad Audio Interconnect Cable with Amphenol ACPL Black Chrome Body, Gold Plated RCA Connectors - Directional https://a.co/d/6q4n7Uq

Note: the above cables are for line out. Not for digital coax out.

Last edited:
According to this thread, I ordered the Mediabridge Ultra Series. When I plug in the coax, there are plenty of clearance around it. Maybe Wiim has opened up the clearance due to the complaints?

Last edited:
According to this thread, I ordered the Mediabridge Ultra Series. When I plug in the coax, there are plenty of clearance around it. Maybe Wiim has opened up the clearance due to the complaints?
Pro plus came out with more clearance. Maybe new production pro's got the new chassis.

The Mediabridge 75 Ohm digital coax cable plug fits the original WiiM Pro perfectly, with room to spare.

My wiim pro plus did come with a optical cable, as well as an rca cable.

My wiim amp came with an rca cable, hdmi cable and something else.

Am I unique in this?

Yes, mini and pro include the optical cable. Pro also has a coax output, but coax cable is not included :=( Note that the digital coax cable looks like an RCA cable, but they are not the same.

I recommend Worlds Best Cables from Amazon. Not the cheapest, but not expensive and excellent quality. Better than mediabeidge cables.

I recommend Worlds Best Cables from Amazon. Not the cheapest, but not expensive and excellent quality. Better than mediabeidge cables.
I do like WBC cables but for a short 4ft 75 Ohm digital cable there’s nothing wrong with Mediabridge a quality cable that will not deliver bits any worse than any other short cable.

I do like WBC cables but for a short 4ft 75 Ohm digital cable there’s nothing wrong with Mediabridge a quality cable that will not deliver bits any worse than any other short cable.
For what it's worth, I bought a cheap coax cable from Amazon that would be delivered the same day as my WiiM so that I could get up and running quickly. A couple of weeks later I decided to try something a little better made. I bought a slightly more expensive, but much better cable from Blue Jeans, and there was a rather large improvement in sound quality. Everything just sounded clearer for a lack of a better way to describe it. I even a/b'd with my fiancé and she agreed. It was a rather large change. We thought the old cable sounded great until I bought the new one. Sure, all the one's and zero's were likely getting there just the same, but there are variables like connector quality and impedance of the cable, and just because a manufacturer claims to meet the standard doesn't mean that they actually do.

Note that the digital coax cable looks like an RCA cable, but they are not the same.
Coax cables suitable for S/PDIF can in many cases still make good RCA cables for analog use.

I know that you know the difference between ohmic resistance and characteristic impedance. ;)

Music is for enjoyment. If you enjoy what you hear, why not :=)

And vice versa!
Yes! The reason for that is probably still simpl, the other way around: Coaxial cables do have desirable properties for transmission of low frequency analog signals (like music), which are somewhat, but rather loosely related to the requirements for HF transmission.

Audio signals do not care about characteristic impedance, but low capacitance and good shielding are definitely helpful. Appropriately low ohmic resistance can easily be ensured with any type of cable. Coaxial cables have been used as phono cables for ages and even more so in pro-audio, where mechanical durability and better fit for symmetrical connections come onto play.

Nowadays, many (but not all) "analog" RCA cables really are just coax cables, which happen to be either 75 or 50 ohms characteristic impedance, but have been chosen for other reasons than that.

Your typical 1980s supplementary RCA cable will never be a good cable for S/PDIF. ;)

I see coax can work for analog. The other way around without impedance matching for digital :unsure:

I own a WiiM Pro plus and want to connect it to my analog amp, which I do with RCA out.
Now, I have a Topping L70 headphone amp and want to connect the WiiM with it too

The Topping has XLR and RCA in.

I search a cable coax out from WiiM to RCA in for my amp Don´t know which one

Or exist a RCA splitter? would be good idea?
Thanx

Back