Working coax cable?

Grey

Does anyone know of a 75ohm digital coax cable that fits/works with Pro Plus? I’ve tried two that work with other devices and my dac, but neither works with the WIIM. The stereo analog cable that came with the WIIM works on Coax out (if I just use one of the leads), but I need to use that cable for the line output. I don’t want to buy multiple cables just to find one that works so any help is much appreciated.

Maybe the cable incidentally broke after disconnecting it from the other devices or when inserting it into the WiiM Pro Plus?

Can't see no need for a special cable.

No, the two 75 ohm cables I have still work with other devices. i’ve tested to check this.
They don’t work with the WIIM.

If there is an issue with 75 ohm digital cables try to use ordinary analog cables which are usually closer to 50 ohms.

If there is an issue with 75 ohm digital cables try to use ordinary analog cables which are usually closer to 50 ohms.
"The stereo analog cable that came with the WIIM works on Coax out..." ;)

@Grey when you say 'doesn't work', what do you mean exactly?
No sound at all? No sound with specific khz?

Also, there is no sound when I try other analog cables. For some reason only the analog cable from WIIM works.
That is mad!
Are you sure you've selected the coax output for the wiim each time?
Only thing I can think of (as only one output is active at a time).

I’m positive I’ve been selecting the coax output - I’ve tried it easily4 or 5 times. I wonder if there might be something unusual about the actual input connection - deeper or shallower. That’s why I’m asking if there are any specific cables (brand/model) that are known to work. Of course it would be good if they were 75 ohm - better than 50 ohm for digital coax.
Thanks.
i’ve raised a ticket with WIIM.

I’m positive I’ve been selecting the coax output - I’ve tried it easily4 or 5 times. I wonder if there might be something unusual about the actual input connection - deeper or shallower. That’s why I’m asking if there are any specific cables (brand/model) that are known to work. Of course it would be good if they were 75 ohm - better than 50 ohm for digital coax.
Thanks.
i’ve raised a ticket with WIIM.
Can you post a photo of a cable with no sound here?

Are the cables you've tried harder to plug in, as in, too tight? I've successfully used every coax cable I've tried (AmazonBasics, CableMatters, Monoprice, etc.), all of those with the thick copper plugs that can be a tight squeeze. The cable I'm using currently is a Hosa brand (not in the length shown in that link, tho'):

Are the cables you've tried harder to plug in, as in, too tight? I've successfully used every coax cable I've tried (AmazonBasics, CableMatters, Monoprice, etc.), all of those with the thick copper plugs that can be a tight squeeze. The cable I'm using currently is a Hosa brand (not in the length shown in that link, tho'):

@waldo
No, the cables that don’t work are not really any harder/tighter to plug in than the one that does work.
But it gets stranger....Last night I tried one lead from a free cable that came with an old vcr. It worked. As it was an old analog audio cable, it was likely 50 ohms (not the preferred 75 ohms). I’m puzzled.
Also, my thanks to all who’ve weighed in here. The help is much appreciated.

Signal output level over coax is quite low for the Pro or the Pro Plus. A short, 75 ohm cable might be unfortunate in combination with some DACs.

As it was an old analog audio cable, it was likely 50 ohms (not the preferred 75 ohms). I’m puzzled.
That's all a bit strange indeed.

Generally speaking, analog audio cables don't have a well defined wave impedance, because they don't have to. With analog interconnects we do care about having low resistance and (hopefully) low capacitance and they will expose a certain characteristic impedance, but it's not guaranteed to have a specific value.

You cannot measure wave impedance with an LCR meter directly. The concept applies to HF usage only, where matching values between output, cable and input are chosen to avoid reflections.

Back