Working coax cable?

Grey

Does anyone know of a 75ohm digital coax cable that fits/works with Pro Plus? I’ve tried two that work with other devices and my dac, but neither works with the WIIM. The stereo analog cable that came with the WIIM works on Coax out (if I just use one of the leads), but I need to use that cable for the line output. I don’t want to buy multiple cables just to find one that works so any help is much appreciated.

@onlyoneme
Hmm...might that mean that I can only use a 50 ohm analog cable? Would there be any difference in sound?
Such a cable might solve your issue, as you already confirmed that ordinary analog cables work. Just choose a well built one.
If there are any hiccups or distortions due to the digital connection issues, they are easily audible usually.

Just received a reply from WIIM:
”For your convenience, we suggest visiting the Amazon Store and searching for 'Digital Audio Coaxial Cable'. This search will lead you to a selection of coaxial cables compatible with our equipment.”
Rather useles considering the two 75 ohm cables that do not work came from such a search on Amazon.
I just found another thread here that addresses a similar probelm:

I this case it seems that the jack on the Pro is a bit shallow and doesn’t allow for prober contact with sone cables.
Has anyone found a specific 75 ohm cable that works?

Just received a reply from WIIM:
”For your convenience, we suggest visiting the Amazon Store and searching for 'Digital Audio Coaxial Cable'. This search will lead you to a selection of coaxial cables compatible with our equipment.”
Rather useles considering the two 75 ohm cables that do not work came from such a search on Amazon.
I just found another thread here that addresses a similar probelm:

I this case it seems that the jack on the Pro is a bit shallow and doesn’t allow for prober contact with sone cables.
Has anyone found a specific 75 ohm cable that works?
But your WiiM is Pro Plus, not Pro, right? One of the improvements of the Pro Plus over the Pro is more space around the coax socket.

Just to be sure, is the plug plugged all the way in?
In the case of that cable, I think it needs to be embedded in the WiiM up to the position of the blue line.
Yes, it seems so. I just tried again. The plug hits a hard stop at the place your line shows.

But your WiiM is Pro Plus, not Pro, right? One of the improvements of the Pro Plus over the Pro is more space around the coax socket.
It is, indeed, a Pro Plus. Might the issue be the depth (not diameter) of the socket vs. the depth needed for some plugs to make full contact? I’m just guessing here.

Did not follow if there is a difference between Pro and Pro Plus*. Also I do not know where you live. This cable which is also available from Amazon GER fits for my Pro without any problem.
*If the Plus gives more space it should fit even better.

IMG_2403.jpeg

@D1N0
Aha - a clue!
i have the cable you recommend. It is one of te two 75 ohm cables I tried that did not work from the coax jack to my dac.. It does work when connected from the Line-out (analog) jacks on the Pro Plus to my pre-amp - thus I can assume that it is a physical fit for WIIM’s jacks, This leaves me with the conclusion that Onlyoneme was right in saying “Signal output level over coax is quite low for the Pro or the Pro Plus. A short, 75 ohm cable might be unfortunate in combination with some DACs.” It seems I must use a 50 ohm cable. Just to be safe, I’ve asked WIIM if I can purchase another of the RCA (analog) cables that came with the Pro Plus. I know that one will work.
Again, many thanks for everybody’s help.

It is, indeed, a Pro Plus. Might the issue be the depth (not diameter) of the socket vs. the depth needed for some plugs to make full contact? I’m just guessing here.
This suggests to me that your Wiim Pro+ might have a physical defect, either on the case molding surrounding the outside of the coax jack, or internally, blocking the center tip from full insertion. If you compare the ends of the included RCA plug and one of your coax cables that doesn't work, do you see any physical differences, say, in length of the center tip or depth allowed by the outer sleeve?

This suggests to me that your Wiim Pro+ might have a physical defect, either on the case molding surrounding the outside of the coax jack, or internally, blocking the center tip from full insertion. If you compare the ends of the included RCA plug and one of your coax cables that doesn't work, do you see any physical differences, say, in length of the center tip or depth allowed by the outer sleeve?
No, there seems to be no visible difference. I even tried measuring using twist ties - no difference found. I think this may be a case of a mis match between the Pro Plus coaxial output (which may be too low), a 75 ohm cable and what my dac requires.

Problem solved.
I tried a different dac and all cables work. It seems that the coax output from the Pro Plus is too weak in combination with the 75 ohm cables to drive the original dac. Onlyoneme had it right. I guess I’ll have to use a regular 50 ohm analog cable.
Thanks, everybody.

Problem solved.
I tried a different dac and all cables work. It seems that the coax output from the Pro Plus is too weak in combination with the 75 ohm cables to drive the original dac. Onlyoneme had it right. I guess I’ll have to use a regular 50 ohm analog cable.
Thanks, everybody.

The 75ohm digital coax cable works for me.

Revisions: Just got a Blue Jeans cable and it’s a better sound than Mediabridge. It must be its tighter 75 Ohm design tolerance.

Available at Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Coaxial-Digi...ial+cable&qid=1708633245&sr=8-3&tag=headfi-20

Last edited:
Czy ktoś zna cyfrowy kabel koncentryczny 75 omów, który pasuje/współpracuje z Pro Plus? Wypróbowałem dwa, które działają z innymi urządzeniami i moim przetwornikiem, ale żaden nie działa z WIIM. Analogowy kabel stereo dostarczony z WIIM działa na wyjściu koncentrycznym (jeśli użyję tylko jednego z przewodów), ale muszę użyć tego kabla do wyjścia liniowego. Nie chcę kupować wielu kabli, żeby znaleźć taki, który będzie działał, więc każda pomoc będzie dla mnie bardzo cenna.
I use

WireWorld Chroma 8 Koncentryczny (CRV)​

Problem solved.
Thanks, everybody.
As the transmission is purely digital, any cable that works will do. There is no loss of quality - the main thing is that the cable works without interruptions or stuttering.

Back