Using RCA cable for Coax output

Since impedance of the the analog RCA cable is unknown, hard to say what the signal looks like. Below is with green changed to 200 ohms and yellow changed to 20 ohms. Make the DAC's life easier and it may give better sound in return :)
1708583122544.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
When I ordered my WiiM Pro, I ordered a cheap digital coax cable that claimed to be 75 ohms and would be delivered the same day. I used it, and it sounded fine. I got curious, plus wanted a slightly longer cable, so I ordered a digital coax cable from Blue Jeans Cables. The audible difference for the better with the Blue Jeans cable was obvious. Even my fiancé could tell, and that's saying something.

I have the same BJC cable. It works very well. Just like any other coaxial cable I own.

The power cord was loose. I must have bumped it when I replaced the coax with BJC. After pushing the power cord back in, BJC is better. Clearer and more dynamic.

Thats why breakdown services' first question is if petrol is in the tank ;-)

Thats why breakdown services' first question is if petrol is in the tank ;-)
1. Is there fuel in it
2. When was the last time you drove it
3. How old is the battery?

First things my breakdown service asked me when my car wouldn't start.

The power cord was loose. I must have bumped it when I replaced the coax with BJC. After pushing the power cord back in, BJC is better. Clearer and more dynamic.
Thanks for letting us know - it can happen to the best of us :)

But does it make too great demands to check this fundamental things before bringing it to public? Sleepless nights for all the helpful others ;-)
Anyway. Result is clearer sound and more dynamics ;-)

Back