Adding tube headphone amp

Nxt0206

Hi, ive received my pro plus today. I connected it to my existing setup which contains a 5.1 speakers setup with an AVR (SR6013) .
I connected the wiim by rca out to one of the analog in rca of the avr so that im using the dac of the wiim.

Now i want to expand the setup by purchasing a headphone amp for evening headphones listening. But i want to use the dac from the wiim.

Name of amp: LINSOUL Little Dot MKII​

Since ive used already the rca out,
My question is: which output is now best to use, optical out or coax out from wiim to headphone amp? Will this not bypass the dac of the wiim? Or doesnt it matter since thats the only dac in the chain?

I want the best possible quality playback. Ill stream from spotify premium and maybe will take tidal afterwards. Also i have many flac files on my laptop locally stored, not sure yet how to get the wiim those files streaming but thats a worry for later.

The headphones are sennheiser hd6xx

Last edited:
Hi, ive received my pro plus today. I connected it to my existing setup which contains a 5.1 speakers setup with an AVR (SR6013) .
I connected the wiim by rca out to one of the analog in rca of the avr so that im using the dac of the wiim.

Now i want to expand the setup by purchasing a headphone amp for evening headphones listening. This amp has no dac on board. ( i think ) so i want to use the dac from the wiim.

Name of amp: LINSOUL Little Dot MKII​

Since ive used already the rca out,
My question is: which output is now best to use, optical out or coax out from wiim to headphone amp? Will this not bypass the dac of the wiim? Or doesnt it matter since thats the only dac in the chain?

I want the best possible quality playback. Ill stream from spotify premium and maybe will take tidal afterwards. Also i have many flac files on my laptop locally stored, not sure yet how to get the wiim those files streaming but thats a worry for later.

The headphones are sennheiser hd6xx
As the headphone amp doesn't have a dac then you can only use the wiim rca outs into it.

Oh ive misformed you. Apperantly the amp has a dac, although im pretty sure its not so good as the dac on the wiim.

So is it now that i either have to choose the dac of the wiim for my stereo listening or for my headphone listening? I cannot use the dac for both uses right? Since it only has 1 rca out line..

Oh ive misformed you. Apperantly the amp has a dac, although im pretty sure its not so good as the dac on the wiim.

So is it now that i either have to choose the dac of the wiim for my stereo listening or for my headphone listening? I cannot use the dac for both uses right? Since it only has 1 rca out line..
You sure? Looked to me like it only had rca ins and outs.
And 'phones, of course!

Edit: and then I saw this on the Linsoul website:
"The Little Dot MKII Comes with a 1 year warranty on the AMP & DAC only."
And yet I can't see any digital input, and the specs only mention rca.
I think it's just a general statement for all products.

Last edited:
Back