WiiM amp with ifi ZEN CAN for headphone use

Chota

Good morning,
I preorderd a WiiM AMP and hope to get one in 2 or 3 month :cool::eek:.
Because it has no headphone output I want to ask if its possible to use it with my ifi ZEN CAN (not the ifi DAC)

The CAN has as inputs 4.4mm balanced (thats the way I use it with the ifi ZEN DAC atm ) RCA input and single-ended input 3.5mm ifiZENCan_inputs.png

First is it somehow possible to connect the both and listen via headphone then?
Second I will connect loudspeakers too, can I choose to listen to speakers or headphones? So not both are running at the same time?

Sorry, but after 40 years that is my very first hifi component never had one before.

Thnx chota

Good morning,
I preorderd a WiiM AMP and hope to get one in 2 or 3 month :cool::eek:.
Because it has no headphone output I want to ask if its possible to use it with my ifi ZEN CAN (not the ifi DAC)

The CAN has as inputs 4.4mm balanced (thats the way I use it with the ifi ZEN DAC atm ) RCA input and single-ended input 3.5mm View attachment 4729

First is it somehow possible to connect the both and listen via headphone then?
Second I will connect loudspeakers too, can I choose to listen to speakers or headphones? So not both are running at the same time?

Sorry, but after 40 years that is my very first hifi component never had one before.

Thnx chota
Hi,

Unfortunately, the WiiM amp doesn't have a pre-out jack. Therefore, it is not possible to connect ZEN Can to WiiM amp.

The WiiM amp will implement a USB output in a future update, but the Can does not have a USB input. If you add a DAC with a USB input, you will be able to connect it like "WIIM amp > DAC >Can".

Hi,

Unfortunately, the WiiM amp doesn't have a pre-out jack. Therefore, it is not possible to connect ZEN Can to WiiM amp.

The WiiM amp will implement a USB output in a future update, but the Can does not have a USB input. If you add a DAC with a USB input, you will be able to connect it like "WIIM amp > DAC >Can".
Hm that means you can´t connect any headphone amplifier? RCA is the most common I thought
I have the ifi DAC which has only USB input so that won´t be the problem in future ;-) but your WiiM AMP has no USB output port atm.

I remeber I read here that someone said you can connect a Topping L30II which has one RCA inputs?

for now: How can I connect a headphone amp with which connectors?

Hm that means you can´t connect any headphone amplifier? RCA is the most common I thought
I have the ifi DAC which has only USB input so that won´t be the problem in future ;-) but your WiiM AMP has no USB output port atm.

I remeber I read here that someone said you can connect a Topping L30II which has one RCA inputs?

for now: How can I connect a headphone amp with which connectors?
This is a terminal image of the WiiM amp.

Post in thread 'My WiiM Amp tests, chapter 2' https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/my-wiim-amp-tests-chapter-2.2442/post-36311

RCA is input only.

USB is also currently for input, but beta software for USB output will be available in late January. Therefore, there is a possibility that in the future it will be possible to connect the Wii M amp and the ZEN DAC via USB. 😉

Thank you Wiimer.
That means there is no possibitly at the moment to connect any headphone amp :-(
I will follow your development as I have lot of time before the WiiM will arrive.
As the ifi has USB 3.0 hope your WiiM has it too.

I have done mistakes with buying ifi so I won´t do it with the WiiM again and listening music via headphones is important for me (and most otheres living in an appartment I think ;-) )

Fingers cross the USB output comes or maybe RCA.

Anyway the WiiM for my speakers and the ifi for my headphones sounds good for now.

@Chota, you are probably already aware of the fact that you could be using Bluetooth headphones with the WiiM Amp right now, but well ... it's lossy Bluetooth, of course.

I don't see anything in WiiM's official specs, but according to sources in this forum AAC and SBC XQ are supported (aptX is not). Probably not what you are interested in. Just wanted to mention it for the sake of completeness.

Back