What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

Cooky560 and Flo, it’s pretty much the same thing - except (for Cooky), no built in amp.

But then again, you get to choose your own. Anything from a Fosi Audio V3 for £80 to a Topping LA9 for £800.

I know this has been brought up before but....

I realize the remote is not IR, but it is a nice size and feel. I would like to see a next tier model that adds IR and the option to use as is OR program (learn) the IR button of another device (amp or receiver) for the +(volume up), -(volume down), and power.

I would imagine a good portion of WiiM users control the volume of their system with an external amp or AVR and have their WiiM set with "fixed" output. I also would not add any buttons. This is a remote that can be used in the dark as it is simple. Any more complicated use would still be done on a screen, but one remote for next, previous, volume, and power would be very handy.

I know this has been brought up before but....

I realize the remote is not IR, but it is a nice size and feel. I would like to see a next tier model that adds IR and the option to use as is OR program (learn) the IR button of another device (amp or receiver) for the +(volume up), -(volume down), and power.

I would imagine a good portion of WiiM users control the volume of their system with an external amp or AVR and have their WiiM set with "fixed" output. I also would not add any buttons. This is a remote that can be used in the dark as it is simple. Any more complicated use would still be done on a screen, but one remote for next, previous, volume, and power would be very handy.

Ir control is required, use a universal remote

do you know of one that will control the WiiM with it's (not IR) protocol and learn IR commands?

If the Wiim protocol is bluetooth? Nope none that I am aware of.

My remote has RF transmitter but unsure if that's the same protocol.

Wiim at least should have IR receiver window (and wiim supply hexidecimal codes) so can import into my editor software.
Or has IR 3.5mm jack so add a IR receiver that I have in my spare bits box.

What'll be great is they allow the Wiim to be changed IR codes in the device, that way could use a Squeezebox remote to control it.

I would like to see something like Flex minidsp with Dirac but running at 96KHz and a half the price.. 😎

Reactions: ZeN
A suggestion for something a little left-field.

Take a WiiM Mini or Pro. Strip out the streamer and DAC.

Put in a bit more processing power.

Then have 8 bands of PEQ and room correction, controlled by an app.

Digital in. Digital out. The only DAC for subwoofer, with 1 RCA out.

£150.

I think this would be popular. A lot of people are talking about the Amp and saying how superb it is, because it has 4 bands of PEQ, and you generally don’t get that unless you’re spending 4 figures on an amp/pre amp/streamer, or £500 on a minidsp flex.

Now, at this point you’re maybe thinking, why not just put in a streamer, too. And that’s great. But what I think might be lost on a lot of people with the upcoming Ultra (let’s leave the screen aside for an minute) is that you don’t have to use it as a WiiM “internet content” streamer. With a digital in, it should be a great pre amp/sound processor for any digital input - so it’s a DAC for your CD transport, and it’s a great interface for locally stored digital files.

Do many people with 2.0 or 2.1 set ups who want to start to EQ their speakers and/or correct for their room, but for whom it’s probities expensive, and difficult to find anything with a sub out.

And some of them don’t need a streamer (for internet streamed content).

what made the first success of wiim was the mini at the end of 2021 , and will correspond to a population... ( "new chromecast audio" obsolete)
perhaps with now experience and hindsight, a mini "mk2" ( "ultimate" ? hihi )would be welcome...
a slightly better dac (ess of the amp?), chromecast-mqa ?..
and a little more ram and power for the future...
at approximately the same target-price..
;-)

Last edited:
I haven't read the whole 40 page thread, so it's possible someone already mentioned it. I'd like to eventually buy monoblocks with at least 200W of musical power, and an "all-in-one" preamp with a dac to go with them. If something like that is on offer from WiiM, I'll buy it from you, if not, I can see it on Hypex
I'd like the preamp to include a phono input for a mm cartridge. And of course all modern hi-res formats, including DSD.

On the other hand I don't require any voice assistants like Alexa and google, I don't like them and will never use them. I don't care for home theater either, I like pure stereo.

Well, it's just one anonymous opinion out of millions... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I haven't read the whole 40 page thread, so it's possible someone already mentioned it. I'd like to eventually buy monoblocks with at least 200W of musical power, and an "all-in-one" preamp with a dac to go with them. If something like that is on offer from WiiM, I'll buy it from you, if not, I can see it on Hypex
I'd like the preamp to include a phono input for a mm cartridge. And of course all modern hi-res formats, including DSD.

On the other hand I don't require any voice assistants like Alexa and google, I don't like them and will never use them. I don't care for home theater either, I like pure stereo.

Well, it's just one anonymous opinion out of millions... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This would be cool, however the WiiM brand mostly focusses on fairly priced solutions that provide decent results.

I think a more realistic suggestion would be for them to make an improved WiiM Amp (call it with the WiiM Amp Pro or something), that includes the DAC from the pro plus, a couple of line level inputs, and an upgraded amp section, perhaps moving away from class D.

This would be cool, however the WiiM brand mostly focusses on fairly priced solutions that provide decent results.

I think a more realistic suggestion would be for them to make an improved WiiM Amp (call it with the WiiM Amp Pro or something), that includes the DAC from the pro plus, a couple of line level inputs, and an upgraded amp section, perhaps moving away from class D.
Well, there was talk of a 110/120(?)W version of the Amp for the CI market later this year so maybe they’ll work those features into that.

Also, way back when the Pro was being mooted, users of the Mini were asking for a streamer that didn’t have a DAC but a USB output to use with their external DACs. Maybe some future model will be along those lines, maybe with a sub out etc, but there are probably almost as many wished for variations as there are users ;)

Well, there was talk of a 110/120(?)W version of the Amp for the CI market later this year so maybe they’ll work those features into that.

Also, way back when the Pro was being mooted, users of the Mini were asking for a streamer that didn’t have a DAC but a USB output to use with their external DACs. Maybe some future model will be along those lines, maybe with a sub out etc, but there are probably almost as many wished for variations as there are users ;)
The problem with the CI market is it excludes the end user.

The problem with the CI market is it excludes the end user.
I’m aware of that but it doesn’t preclude them from deciding to release it to the consumer market too. My point was less about the CI market than the possibility of a future version of the current Amp :)

WiiMs streaming ability. Ethernet AND wifi in. USB/coax/optical out. No DAC. Box like the Pro. Everything else starts with cables into an external DAC. There are so many possibilities with external DACs. Would buy it immediately. Quite sure a market for such a device exists. I know already at least four people around me ;-) so WiiM would be on the safe side ;-)

Based on what @WiiM Support has said about Dolby here, I think the next product after Ultra could be a multichannel product.
(But, it's possible that the Ultra implementation was discontinued because few users mentioned Dolby or eARC here.)

Some of my predictions (Including Hope and Fantasy).
  • WiiM Soundbar
  • Smart speaker compatible with wireless surround sound (something like that)
  • WiiM amp pro enhanced with surround sound function (the first WiiM AVR)
With WiiM amp selling well, they'll continue to go the masses-facing all-in-one route. 😄

Back