What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

I'd love to see the WiiM Pro/Pro + chassis updated to include a programmable I2S Output for use with said equipped DAC's

I’ve just been reading up on the Acrylic BP50 pre-amp.

WiiM, have a look. If you can create a sort of Pro Plus Pre-amp, so like the Acrylic, but measuring as well as the Pro Plus, and with a dsp app like HouseCurve, but with an automatic setting…wow! End game device.

Perhaps the Ultra will be just this. I hope so.

My $.02.......I would love to see two new products:
1) A Wiim server/player/amp combo with LMS as the backbone ('LMS powered') running on a linux distro with the option of internal/external storage for local music (some may want to just point the server to an SMB share on their home NAS, some may want a 1TB internal SSD, others may want to just plugin an existing music collection library via USB). Would be great to have both an Ethernet port + Wireless (for those who prefer additional network stability/speed) and an HDMI out as well for adding a display of the now playing music. Extend your mobile apps based on the LMS "Material" plugin and you have your LMS server controller ready to go that looks fresh and built in HTML5.

2) A Wiim device with an integrated speaker/small footprint to rival Amazon/Google/Apple devices. I would replace all of my echo dot/show devices tomorrow if this was available and I could use them with #1 above running my LMS server for my home music collection which also replaces my slowly dying squeezebox hardware. (Yes I know that the Wiim pro & amp already includes squeezelite support but its missing the integrated speakers! - https://faq.wiimhome.com/support/so...e-wiim-pro-wiim-pro-plus-amp-with-squeezelite)

A marriage of Wiim + LMS in an easy to setup/plug and play package would be a home run to rival competition (Roon, etc) with the functionality, sound quality, community, and price point that blows them away.

Last edited:
What products would you like to see based on what you've experienced so far?
I don't know if it's a product or a software update. I would like high and low pass filter options that can be configured separately for each wiim in a group.

Therefore one wiim with a high pass filter can drive bookshelf speakers, and a synched wiim with a low pass filter can connect to a subwoofer.

As for your wiim amp it needs pre outs and line outs so that it can support multiple amps.

I don't know if it's a product or a software update. I would like high and low pass filter options that can be configured separately for each wiim in a group.

Therefore one wiim with a high pass filter can drive bookshelf speakers, and a synched wiim with a low pass filter can connect to a subwoofer.

As for your wiim amp it needs pre outs and line outs so that it can support multiple amps.

I have a lot of time for that point of view. But on the other hand, how about just releasing a ‘WiiM Pre Amp’, identical to the Amp but without the amplification. Digital and analogue outs instead.

Wimm pro plus 2:

Auto room correction with an external usb c mic (attachable to a phone)
10 bands peq
Balanced out
Sub out
and better dac and better wifi...

This will be the ultimate 2.1 streamer/dac for an audio room.

Wimm pro plus 2:

Auto room correction with an external usb c mic (attachable to a phone)
10 bands peq
Balanced out
Sub outs
and better dac and better wifi...

This will be the ultimate 2.2 streamer/dac for an audio room.

I’ve corrected that for you. 😉

As what stated before, all additional features will be after ultra. They may call it ultra ll.

Here's another idea:

WiiM Amp Mini

A mini amp would ONLY have amplified speaker outputs, no wired inputs, no other outputs and potentially can only be added as a linked wiim in a group controlled by a pro or pro plus or wiim amp

This device would cut as many features as possible to get the cost low while allowing it to power speakers as part of a WiiM group.

Someone could then have a full WiiM Pro or WiiM amp with their inputs controlling the group and place wireless, cheaper WiiM amp mini's around powering passive speakers at low cost.

Effectively the equivalent of attaching a WiiM mini to a cheap power amp like a Fosi v3, but at a lower price point by cutting out everything not needed for that purpose

Just build a Mini DSP Flex Eight with HDMI ARC and a wiim pro streamer inside, this would make 99% of all high end audio DAC/EQs/Streamers obsolete.
The key is to have a device that can do all that and has the ability "always on/standby" so you can turn it on whenever you want from your phone "sonos style" this is how the new generation wants to interact.

Here's another idea:

WiiM Amp Mini

A mini amp would ONLY have amplified speaker outputs, no wired inputs, no other outputs and potentially can only be added as a linked wiim in a group controlled by a pro or pro plus or wiim amp

This device would cut as many features as possible to get the cost low while allowing it to power speakers as part of a WiiM group.

Someone could then have a full WiiM Pro or WiiM amp with their inputs controlling the group and place wireless, cheaper WiiM amp mini's around powering passive speakers at low cost.

Effectively the equivalent of attaching a WiiM mini to a cheap power amp like a Fosi v3, but at a lower price point by cutting out everything not needed for that purpose
There's an assumption that removing features makes things cheaper, and it stands to reason except… Fewer features renders it more of a niche product, and the producer has to charge more to make it worthwhile.
My dream Wiim Amp would have ethernet in, speakers and sub out and nothing else. But I'd be the only one buying it…

There's an assumption that removing features makes things cheaper, and it stands to reason except… Fewer features renders it more of a niche product, and the producer has to charge more to make it worthwhile.
My dream Wiim Amp would have ethernet in, speakers and sub out and nothing else. But I'd be the only one buying it…
Well sure, but for the sake of argument a Wiim mini is $80-90, a Fosi v3 is about the same price, so put it together and you're paying $160 to $180. A WiiM Amp is $299.

The WiiM amp is giving you better connections, a beefier processor, probably a better DAC? But it also costs a lot more which makes it prohibitive to scatter a bunch of them around.

Back