What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

I very happy with the amp. Great sound excellent product.
What would i suggest according to new products?
The choice for the Ultra would be good enough. I stay with the amp for some years now but i can understand the ULTRA is popular.

This would be cool, however the WiiM brand mostly focusses on fairly priced solutions that provide decent results.

I think a more realistic suggestion would be for them to make an improved WiiM Amp (call it with the WiiM Amp Pro or something), that includes the DAC from the pro plus, a couple of line level inputs, and an upgraded amp section, perhaps moving away from class D.

I think perhaps the poster was thinking of mono blocks by someone else, and just a WiiM front end.

Once again, I agree. WiiM Amp without the amp, but everything else kept (sub out, bass management), hopefully a Pro Plus standard DAC, and enough beef under the bonnet for plenty of PEQ and room correction.

WiiM would clean up with this. Already the Amp has caused a massive stir, with the only downside anyone mentions in any review being “I wish it had a better amp section”.

Seriously, in countless professional and amateur reviews, both written and video, as well as hundreds of user comments on social media, apart from the now-sorted noise issue, I don’t think I’ve seen another criticism.

The crazy thing is, it must be the simplest thing in the world for WiiM to remove the amplification section. They’re sat on the answer.

I agree, the Ultra should be the WiiM Amp without the Amp:- but with:
1. balanced XLR outputs (as well as RCA)
2. maybe some digital output
3. The same (or better) DAC than the Pro Plus
4. A screen for album art (and on screen config via remote)

That would be a killer product and the right next step I think as it's a logical and relatively simple next step.

I agree, the Ultra should be the WiiM Amp without the Amp:- but with:
1. balanced XLR outputs (as well as RCA)
2. maybe some digital output
3. The same (or better) DAC than the Pro Plus
4. A screen for album art (and on screen config via remote)

That would be a killer product and the right next step I think as it's a logical and relatively simple next step.

So I don’t disagree. But…

1 - Balanced outs are probably unnecessary. They’ve become popular in home audio due to ground loops, caused by having an amp, a DAC, and (here’s the kicker) a PC in a chain. A WiiM Pre Amp wouldn’t have that same chain. It’d have no more risk of causing a ground loop than your CD player did when plugged into your amp in ye oldene dayes.

2 - I believe the ultra is indeed going to have a digital out.

3 - Agreed.

4 - The Ultra is definitely going to have a screen.

Just thinking..a device who can do it all? Music and Video?
I mean..., one of the best mediaplayers ( what i heart) is nvidia shield.
Maybe wiim could think about a all in one solution? In combination with android tv.
Audio ,video .high quality with wiim..a perfect hybrid system.
By bye Nvidia..hello Wiim all in one device.

Wiiim distinguishes itself from other brands.
Why?..super good support and a very good app with lots of functionality that in practice really works!😊And a very good price for excellent products.

In my opinion wiim can stay with class D amps.
These are in these times very good i dont see what a other class would be perse better than class D.

Last edited:
One of the areas WiiM don’t cover at the moment is a Bluetooth/lifestyle speaker.

Due to its nature, it’s only need a Mini front end.

Quite understandable if WiiM don’t want to expand into speaker territory, though. It’s obviously a whole different ball game.

I think WiiM Pro is one of the best music streamers I bought. It can work well with my Echo. Of course, it would be nice if WiiM could put USB host ports for external disks. :D

I did notice my WiiM Amp accepts input from HDMI ARC, yet my pro plus doesn't, this seems like a missed opportunity.

I'd like wiim to be careful about getting too deep into the "audiophile" market. The amp seems to be a big success because it offers much more value and convenience than hifi products in that price bracket usually do. There are already companies catering to the relatively few people who want AES-EBU and I2S. WiiM, especially with the amp, are doing a great job for people who want decent gear without getting bogged down in a whole world of snake oil and snobbery.
A gap I'd like to see filled in the smart home market right now is for a small smart speaker - think nest mini or echo dot - with the possibility of dual assistants. Previously it wasn't possible, but now that JBL is producing its Authentics with precisely this, who knows what's possible? I'd probably be in the market for six or seven…

I'd like wiim to be careful about getting too deep into the "audiophile" market. The amp seems to be a big success because it offers much more value and convenience than hifi products in that price bracket usually do. There are already companies catering to the relatively few people who want AES-EBU and I2S. WiiM, especially with the amp, are doing a great job for people who want decent gear without getting bogged down in a whole world of snake oil and snobbery.
A gap I'd like to see filled in the smart home market right now is for a small smart speaker - think nest mini or echo dot - with the possibility of dual assistants. Previously it wasn't possible, but now that JBL is producing its Authentics with precisely this, who knows what's possible? I'd probably be in the market for six or seven…

And yet, unless you want to spend huge amounts of money, a lot of what we’re seeing on WiiMs, and especially the WiiM Amp (and upcoming Ultra) are absolutely top-of-the-range, cutting edge features.

I’m not going to open up a whole argument again, and I’ll concede some may disagree, but many people believe audio quality of electronics (DACs, amps) has now been cracked at low prices (speakers are not so far along, but we’re getting there).

Having room correction and PEQ built into a pre amp, amp, or DAC/streamer will bring you substantially greater benefits than an extra dB or so of SINAD on your DAC or amp.

Last edited:
A smaller WiiM Mini without a DAC, but with usb output, rca and coax output, subwoofer out, and Ethernet port. No WiFi. If possible 12v trigger.

A budget audiophile streamer , no dac, good clock , full size toslink and coax with galvanic isolation , good power supply at no more than 200usd.

There are a lot of people with serious hi fi equipment that want more from WiiM mini/pro and they use streamer only function.

We want a lumin/auralic killer!
maybe wiim pro max version

A great sounding CD transport (without DAC) with above average connectivity (I2S, AES & BNC) that is NOT slot loading.

Back