Pro firmware 4.8.608464

Anyone else saw this upgrade. The OP reported this 4 days ago.

Me too!
The same pro got the previous update 4 days or so before my others.
I've never asked for any betas etc.

Could it be the server that does the updating is currently not working?

Weird. it’s almost one week past since the OP report. Seems only a few lucky users got the update.

It seems the wiim amp has had a similar update recently.
No idea why, 6.5 days after I posted this, none of my other pros have it, and no one else has said they have it either!

I see that the firmware update for pro plus takes some time more than usual (last update Feb 2). Is there a chance we see the anticipated room correction feature or another notable change? @Brantome

They have dropped in almost every day and have answered one or two questions, but I guess they’re fairly focussed on the WiiM Ultra and the other items they mentioned in the roadmap, which hopefully will bear fruit soon.
It reminds me last year it was like this when amp was their focus and now ultra.

Chinese new year celebration maybe?
That is a plausible explanation for the delay. Everything turns to a stand still during Chinese New Year. It should be over by now, so maybe we will soon see a release. An additional explanation might be that they found a serious bug after releasing it initially and pulled the update.

Just to clarify . Wiim delivers updates faster than everyone else. They can take as much time they want . I just asked wondering if this update has something out of the ordinary

Back