HDMI ARC no longer working

Latest firmware update totally broke HDMI for me. Was working perfectly fine before. I'm using my WiiM Amp with an LG C9 and Nvidia Shield Pro (2019) with HDMI CEC and auto sense enabled. Since the update yesterday, whenever my TV goes to sleep upon resume the WiiM Amp will not output audio until I reboot the WiiM Amp itself.
I got sound back by rebooting the amp but it worked for about 20 mins or so then no more sound, very frustrating - I have resorted to Bluetooth really don't want to have to go optical as I would like that last input available for future

I got sound back by rebooting the amp but it worked for about 20 mins or so then no more sound, very frustrating - I have resorted to Bluetooth really don't want to have to go optical as I would like that last input available for future
Did you try another HDMI cable? Thats what i would try...premium quality one. You never know maybe it will work.

Yeah made no difference
Ok..the update broke all HDMI ARC functionalities for me unfortunatelly.:(
AMP doesnt power up when powering on the tv( no LG) and when i switch to HDMI manually..NO sound.:(
That wasnt a good update for me..hopefully WIIM can roll back the update for me soon.

I will look into the setting right now because_if possible_ i will turn off the auto update function.
First im gonna wait and inform me before accepting an update.
In my case the AMP did auto update ..broke all HDMI ARC functionalities before i had no issues.

Last edited:
Ok..the update broke all HDMI ARC functionalities for me unfortunatelly.:(
AMP doesnt power up when powering on the tv( no LG) and when i switch to HDMI manually..NO sound.:(
That wasnt a good update for me..hopefully WIIM can roll back the update for me soon.

I will look into the setting right now because_if possible_ i will turn off the auto update function.
First im gonna wait and inform me before accepting an update.
In my case the AMP did auto update ..broke all HDMI ARC functionalities before i had no issues.
My Amp has just updated to 5.0.609560 - don’t know if this is in relation to the HDMI issues as the rocket pop up had no info.

Just got a firmware update 5.0.609560.

Dunno if this is is a rollback but it claims to resolve ARC

I have HDMI sound - will see how long it lasts
Great to hear..very glad for you. Hope it will last!

My Amp has just updated to 5.0.609560 - don’t know if this is in relation to the HDMI issues as the rocket pop up had no info.
Im gonna look on what version im on right now..report in a couple of minutes..

I did manually update to this version. Indeed i saw this new update.
Going to test right now.
What do i have to do if everything works fine? Because i contacted WIIM asking them to roll back the update.
But now this new update may fix things..
Will report on a couple of minutes.

Everything working again with the new update! Very glas about it.
Do i have to contact WIIM now to tell them not to roll back the update???

Popup appeared on my phone WiiM app:

View attachment 5358
Fixed everthing for me..
All working again!
Very glad! Great..! :D :D :D (y) Thanks WIIM.
But what do i have to do now? Because i asked wiim to roll back the update.
But the new update fixed all.
Do i have to contact them telling them everything if fine now and that they dont have to roll back the update??

Dang. I got the rollback last night and now I can't update to the hotfix.

Just got the hotfix firmware update and HDMI appears to be working great so far. Audio works on sleep/wake from HDMI source and I haven't been able to reproduce the garbled audio issue from two firmware versions back. Will keep testing but good news so far! Love my WiiM Amp and appreciate how responsive support is.

Last edited:
Just got the hotfix firmware update and HDMI appears to be working great so far. Audio works on sleep/wake from HDMI source and I haven't been able to reproduce the garbles audio issue from two firmware versions back. Will keep testing but good news so far! Love my WiiM Amp and appreciate how responsive support is.
Agreed.. great support very glad with the amp too.

Back