New Wiim amp - Red flashing LED

Speenth

I just got the Wiim Amp. I followed the set up and all works perfectly - for 30-40 seconds, then the Wiim Amp LED starts flashing red and after a while there is no sound.

It is the same irrespective of the source).

Do I have a faulty Wiim Amp?

Also, if I turn off the Wiim Amp at the power socket it forgets everything and I have to go through set-up again. Is that as it should be?

I just got the Wiim Amp. I followed the set up and all works perfectly - for 30-40 seconds, then the Wiim Amp LED starts flashing red and after a while there is no sound.

Also, if I turn off the Wiim Amp at the power socket it forgets everything and I have to go through set-up again. Is that as it should be?

How are you connected to the net? Wireless? If so how far to your router!

If you are wireless move it to the router and use a cable. See if it works. And I never turn the power off on my WiiM devices.

How are you connected to the net? Wireless? If so how far to your router!

If you are wireless move it to the router and use a cable. See if it works. And I never turn the power off on my WiiM devices.
Hi’, the router is about 3m away, in line of sight and the Wiim app says the signal is ‘strong’. I’ll try an Ethernet connection as you suggest - fingers-crossed :)

Hi’, the router is about 3m away, in line of sight and the Wiim app says the signal is ‘strong’. I’ll try an Ethernet connection as you suggest - fingers-crossed :)
The gear icon in the WiiM app menu > Feedback

Please submit a support ticket here. Logs of your device will be sent to help you solve the problem.

If it plays for 30 seconds, I might be looking for a problem in the speakers. Sometimes you don't notice that a thin wire is shorting the output. Well, I'm just guessing...

If it plays for 30 seconds, I might be looking for a problem in the speakers. Sometimes you don't notice that a thin wire is shorting the output. Well, I'm just guessing...
I thought that too. But I very carefully re-inserted the speaker wires to be sure - no improvement. The speakers work fine via another (ancient, pre-wifi and Bluetooth) amp.

Hi, all,

I contacted WiiM Customer Support and after an exchange of facts, they confirmed my new WiiM Amp was regrettably faulty. By the same, very customer-oriented email they asked for my contact details and immediately shipped a replacement unit to my address. I am impressed to say the least - great service that's rare these days.

Back