Wiim Amp not outputting to speakers

bspsoccer

Hey everyone. New Wiim Amp received this week. Doing initial set up. App working just fine and linked up to my airplay, but i am not getting any sound from speakers (ceiling speakers pre-installed in the home). I triple checked red/black into the right plugs.

Additionally, i can hear faint sound of the song coming from the amp itself.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

You are connecting to the speaker terminals rather than RCA inputs? Plus don’t know what you mean by the app being connected to your Airplay - do you mean your wifi?

Banana clips into the speaker terminals. Not using RCA.

By app and airplay, i just mean that it appears music is going INto the amp just fine.

Thanks in advance Brantome.

If you’re using airplay inout, can you increase the volume on the device you’re airplaying from?
Yes, i have increased it. It increases the volume of the faint sound coming from the Wiim Amp, but nothing coming from speakers.

Can you perhaps try another source, like Spotify Connect using even just a free Spotify account?
I just tried as you suggested. I just used Spotify, exact same behavior. Faint sound of the music coming from the amp itself (is there a speaker inside the amp?), nothing from the speakers.

Have you checked that there are no problems with the speaker and speaker cable wiring?

Also, if you have two ceiling speakers, you can connect only one to the amplifier and see if the sound comes out.

Also, if you have two ceiling speakers, you can connect only one to the amplifier and see if the sound comes out.
Thanks, i am only using one speaker to test. While i cant be 1000% confident, it looks like my wires are correct. I guess it could be the speakers.

Wilmer and Brantome. This was a case of mismarked wires. I took the speakers out of the ceiling and the previous owner mismarked which was which when they moved out. All is working!

Call him and inform him that he owes you a miller for the trouble you been through.

Back