HDMI Arc Signal Not Supported from LG CX OLED on new WiiM Amp

You should connect the WiiM Amp to the HDMI Arc Port of the TV. And the Satellite Box to a different HDMI input of the TV. And enable PCM output via HDMI Arc and HDMI CEC Features in the TV settings.

Exactly. Selecting PCM output on an LG TV is straightforward.(y)(y)(y)

You should connect the WiiM Amp to the HDMI Arc Port oft the TV. And the Satellite Box to a different HDMI input of the TV. And enable PCM output via HDMI Arc and HDMI CEC Features in the TV settings.
That helped. I literally had my wires crossed.
Problem now is that the sound isn't great on voice without a center channel.

That helped. I literally had my wires crossed.
You could try to use the sub out of the Wiim Amp to connect your soundbar. In that case you should not use bass management (high pass filter for main speakers).

I would love to see WIIM doing a 3.1 home cinema amplifier: something for us that wants something small and sleek like the amp but with a 3rd center channel: Some smart 5.1/stereo mixing so that it works for stereo and TV/streaming.

I have been using stereo speakers with my TV for decades without any problem. If you have decent stereo speakers then you do not need a centre speaker.
I agree with this. I watch a lot of films and imaging is superb on a good set of stereo speakers. I think HTIB and soundbars have made people think a center is absolutely necessary for dialogue when it isn't.

Last edited:
I have been using stereo speakers with my TV for decades without any problem. If you have decent stereo speakers then you do not need a centre speaker.
I agree with this. I watch a lot of films and imaging is superb on an a good set of stereo speakers. I think HTIB and soundbars have made people think a center is absolutely necessary for dialogue when it isn't.
I hear what you're saying but for me a center channel is much more enjoyable experience, especially for standard TV programing.

I hear what you're saying but for me a center channel is much more enjoyable experience, especially for standard TV programing.

I’ve never felt the slightest need for a centre channel myself, but if you still feel the need for one, and there is now nothing wrong with your setup, then I’m afraid that the WiiM amp is not for you.

I’ve never felt the slightest need for a centre channel myself, but if you still feel the need for one, and there is now nothing wrong with your setup, then I’m afraid that the WiiM amp is not for you.
Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with the WiiM Amp for music.
Broadcast TV audio was just an experiment that didn't work out for me at this time.

I have connect the wiim amp as well updated the software. But no sound via HDMI Arc on LPCM or AC3 either on SONY KD-65FX90 TV.
Previously I have used TCL Raydanz soundbar without any issues.

I have connect the wiim amp as well updated the software. But no sound via HDMI Arc on LPCM or AC3 either on SONY KD-65FX90 TV.
Previously I have used TCL Raydanz soundbar without any issues.
You set digital output to PCM on your TV? Maybe make a reset of the Amp (pulling out power chord for 30 seconds) before connecting the HDMI cable.

If you watch Netflix..will the wiimamp support the subwoofer sounds of a subwoofer is connected?

I didn't have much luck yet, but it may be me not making correct connections too. I don't think I know how the connections should go between TV and soundbar and then to amp. I do see LPDM on the WiiM app and it thinks it's playing but I hear no sound. Swapped HDMI's around between Arc and other inputs.
My Directv box only has one hdmi on it connected to an HDMI port on the TV. ARC out of tv to soundbar. That part works. I tried soundbar to amp and tv to amp but just thinks it's playing but no sound.
Life would be simple if a HDMI splitter could work between Directv box and WiiM amp. Are splitters, ok? I was able to use coax out from STB to Amp and that worked but had to put a converter in the mix and more wires in the mix.
Maybe you can connect the wiimp with optical to youre mediaplayer tv and then you connect the soundbar to arc.
Is there any advantage _ other then adjusting the volume with the tv remote_ on sound connecting the tv to HDMI arc? I mean dolby of lets say atmos is here out of the question..?

I know the mibox has an optical out and i think the Shield also..with this line up you have the soundbar as center so te speak and the sound of the tv from the mediaplayer to the wiimamp.

Back