Bug Report: Not Muting via Apple TV remote on HDMI Arc

jbnati

Setup: Newest Apple TV 4K > LG CX OLED > WiiM Amp > Polk Towers

When I hit the mute button on the Apple TV remote it shows muting in the UI of both Apple TV volume and the speaker with line through it on the LG OS, but sound continues to pass through with no problem to the WiiM amp.

Having the single mute button is pretty huge, and this worked with zero issues on the exact same setup with a soundbar instead of the WiiM. I’ve changed no other settings.

Is this known? Fix inbound?

Are you using the ARC socket on your LG for the WiiM and is HDMI CEC turned on?

Might be an HDMI compatibility issue, so you might be best raising a ticket to WiiM thru the feedback section in the WiiM Home app so they can check your device logs for clues.

Yes, HDMI 2 is the Arc channel, and I have HDMI-CEC turned on. Like I said this worked perfectly for controlling volume and muting on my soundbar.

With the WiiM, the Apple TV remote only adjusts volume, but won’t mute even though Apple TV and Lg TV both recognize that mute has been pressed.

I see zero reasons as to why it would be HDMI compatibility if it worked on an older ARC connection on a Yamaha sound bar just fine.

HDMI implementations around ARC in particular can differ, standard or no standard - have a look at the Samsung support forums for example…

Commented to save.

Im having the same issue from a Sky Glass, Sky remote has zero impact on the WIIM Amp.

Yes, HDMI 2 is the Arc channel, and I have HDMI-CEC turned on. Like I said this worked perfectly for controlling volume and muting on my soundbar.

With the WiiM, the Apple TV remote only adjusts volume, but won’t mute even though Apple TV and Lg TV both recognize that mute has been pressed.

I see zero reasons as to why it would be HDMI compatibility if it worked on an older ARC connection on a Yamaha sound bar just fine.
Hi jbnati,

Thank you for reporting the mute issue on your setup. To assist you swiftly, could you please help submit a ticket through the WiiM Home App? Just go to the 'Settings' tab > 'Feedback'. We'll troubleshoot this right away.

Hi jbnati,

Thank you for reporting the mute issue on your setup. To assist you swiftly, could you please help submit a ticket through the WiiM Home App? Just go to the 'Settings' tab > 'Feedback'. We'll troubleshoot this right away.
Sure thing

I have the exact same issue, also the latest version of Apple TV. I just submitted a ticket through the WiiM Home App

Back