What Sub’s are you using / recommend

TimWiim

I have a pair of LS50 Meta’s, am interested in a Sub, what are you guys using and experience using the WiiM Amp, and connectivity, using the settings of the Sub Out how do u find it “offloads” the Mains which i would assume would benefit the WiiM Amp at the low end, vs the recommended full range speaker out from Rel. realize will be lots of variations depending on mains, my shortlist - Rel Tzero certainly good budget option, SVS 3000 Micro or Kef KC62 but expensive, oh i don’t want larger (e.g Rel 5X) I like clean / tight bass and must come in White. Room is Medium 5m x 4m. I have listened to both Rel and Kef as although i heard lots of issues with KC62 but with LS50W2. Thanks for any Thoughts

Which country do you live in? At least for UK citizens the BK Electronics XLS300-FF offers not only great value for money but rock solid performance. It's available in a range of colors (including white or gloss white). The grille always comes in black, though.

They also make a down-firing version and for even less money there's the P10-150-GEM (always down-firing).

No visible grille on the down-firing subs, of course.

I live in the UK, thanks much appreciated will check on the BK range as well (y)

I have the SVS SB1000pro and like the strong, deep yet tight bass it gives. Got it from the SVS outlet for 100 off so pretty good deal (they sold out of these unblemished ones in a day - likely more to come though). I would have liked to try the 3000 micro but as you said, getting a bit pricey.

I own a Polk mxt10 and an old SW from Denon.
The MXT10 can't stand high volumes, but it's fine if it's low.
(I don't think low budget Bass Reflex SWs are basically suitable for loud volumes.)

The MXT10 is lying on its side with the unit facing forward. I put it at a height close to the ceiling, not the floor.

To protect the speaker, we installed a cat repellent net. 🙀🤣

IMG_20240319_105528.jpg

I have the ruark rs2. It's really compact, stylish and it's perfect for my small listening room. Although it does get LOUD, if you need it to...

Back