Default "start volume", input change Wiim Amp

hampisch

Hi!
Would be nice if it was possible to set what volume the device should have when it wakes up, and when a source is changed.

Really got scared when, for example, playing Spotify connect and switching to TV via ARC. Was terrified by the high volume when the source was changed.

Please is this function active after 3 monthes? Where i try this if is active? How can i ask to development team?

Please is this function active after 3 monthes? Where i try this if is active? How can i ask to development team?
The per-source volume control setting can be found under audio input in your device settings - it doesn’t allow you to set a volume per input per se, it remembers the last volume used on each input.

I believe the firmware for our source EQ is currently rolling out - it’s present in the room correction beta and I believe I saw a comment today where someone had received a firmware update for their Pro Plus with such.

Last edited:
The per-source volume control setting can be found under audio inout in your device settings - it doesn’t allow you to set a volume per input per se, it remembers the last volume used on each input.

I believe the firmware for our source EQ is currently rolling out - it’s present in the room correction beta and I believe I saw a comment today where someone had received a firmware update for their Pro Plus with such.
Thanks. I hope because sometimes volume last setting is too high for night. This feature is operating in yamaha wxa-50

Thanks. I hope because sometimes volume last setting is too high for night. This feature is operating in yamaha wxa-50
The per-source volume control feature is now available. To activate it, go to 'Device Setting' > 'Audio Input' and toggle on 'Per-Source Volume Control'. You can then adjust the volume levels for each source input as required.

The per-source volume control feature is now available. To activate it, go to 'Device Setting' > 'Audio Input' and toggle on 'Per-Source Volume Control'. You can then adjust the volume levels for each source input as required.
I thank you but i don't understand what mean. Is a remember last volume level of each input? There is not a setting for every input. Have you tried?

I thank you but i don't understand what mean. Is a remember last volume level of each input? There is not a setting for every input. Have you tried?
Activating 'Per-Source Volume Control' allows the system to remember the last volume level for each input. For example, changing the volume for a network source won’t affect the volume settings for Line In.

If you encounter any issues with this feature, please describe your use case in detail and submit a ticket through the WiiM Home App for assistance.

Activating 'Per-Source Volume Control' allows the system to remember the last volume level for each input. For example, changing the volume for a network source won’t affect the volume settings for Line In.

If you encounter any issues with this feature, please describe your use case in detail and submit a ticket through the WiiM Home App for assistance.
This has been discussed in detail many times in other threads.
Generally it seems that people expected / anticipated this would work like a specific default volume per source, not reverting to whatever volume it was last used at.

I don't understand why these poor steps. If i listen in afternoon at 70% volume and it remember this setting, when i in the night turn on the amplifier, the home has esplosion! Where is difficult to insert a default volume at startup like yamaha did in wxa-50? This issue is requested from many users, not from 1 or 2! Work please, the wiim amp has high price and People want related consideration

Hi Team,

Can the volume level you last set become the default for future sessions? For instance, if you have two different volume levels, which should the system default to, especially in scenarios where you listen, pause, and then resume?

We can configure each input to start at a default volume, but this won't address the issue if the amplifier remains plugged in. Resetting to a default volume may not suit all users, as the Amp quickly goes into standby mode.

To better address your question, I would appreciate a more detailed explanation of your needs. A specific use case would greatly help in understanding and resolving your query.

Last edited:
Hi Team,

Can the volume level you last set become the default for future sessions? For instance, if you have two different volume levels, which should the system default to, especially in scenarios where you listen, pause, and then resume?

We can configure each input to start at a default volume, but this won't address the issue if the amplifier remains plugged in. Resetting to a default volume may not suit all users, as the Amp quickly goes into standby mode.

To better address your question, I would appreciate a more detailed explanation of your needs. A specific use case would greatly help in understanding and resolving your query.
My request (which is also the request of many users in this forum) is to have an input volume level when starting the amplifier. Not a memory of the last volume level used. I'll explain better why this setting is useful. If I listen to songs from an input such as Spotify at an afternoon time using the volume at 70%, at the next session the system will wake up at 70% volume. If in the afternoon I had a dance party, in the evening there is another need, that is, falling asleep with low volume music because everyone in the house (other rooms) is asleep. Having an initial volume of 70%, i.e. that of the afternoon, all the family members in other rooms and even the neighbors wake up. Instead, it is more suitable to choose a lower default volume when turned on and possibly raise it as desired. I repeat, this need is not individual logic and is forcing me to return it to Amazon

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240408_092037.jpg
    Screenshot_20240408_092037.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 7
My request (which is also the request of many users in this forum) is to have an input volume level when starting the amplifier. Not a memory of the last volume level used. I'll explain better why this setting is useful. If I listen to songs from an input such as Spotify at an afternoon time using the volume at 70%, at the next session the system will wake up at 70% volume. If in the afternoon I had a dance party, in the evening there is another need, that is, falling asleep with low volume music because everyone in the house (other rooms) is asleep. Having an initial volume of 70%, i.e. that of the afternoon, all the family members in other rooms and even the neighbors wake up. Instead, it is more suitable to choose a lower default volume when turned on and possibly raise it as desired. I repeat, this need is not individual logic and is forcing me to return it to Amazon
Hi servit00,

Thank you for your quick reply and the example provided.

In your scenario, between afternoon and evening sessions, do you power off the amplifier and then turn it back on? If that's the case, the default volume setting at device start-up would be applicable. However, if the amplifier remains on, my query remains: when should the default volume setting override your last set volume?

P.S.: We aim to fully comprehend your request to ensure the optimal user experience. Thank you for your patience and detailed input!

Hi Team,

Turning on / coming out of standby probably should always reset to the default, not what it was last used at.
That would be consistent with most other amps / avrs I've ever used.
But of course, some might not like that, and maybe not too useful for those that set standby to never.

It has been suggested that simply switching to an input should result in the specifically set default volume for that input being used. Again, some won't like that, but it would prevent any sudden unexpectedly high volumes.

It could probably quite easily be controlled with a couple of app options, but then some will find that too confusing!

Good luck pleasing everyone ;)

Last edited:
Hi servit00,

Thank you for your quick reply and the example provided.

In your scenario, between afternoon and evening sessions, do you power off the amplifier and then turn it back on? If that's the case, the default volume setting at device start-up would be applicable. However, if the amplifier remains on, my query remains: when should the default volume setting override your last set volume?

P.S.: We aim to fully comprehend your request to ensure the optimal user experience. Thank you for your patience and detailed input!
Hi, @WiiM Support,

What they are saying is similar to what I wrote here.

In other words, the key is that "the volume at startup is always constant and does not fluctuate." This is a standard feature of many AVRs.

The user can change the volume as needed, but it is desirable that the next time the amplifier returns to standby, it will return to its default volume.

In my case, I use Alexa Routine to control the volume by voice, but I'm happier when the volume is back to its default value the next morning.

Please consider it.
Thank you. 🤗

Edit;
I think it's best to keep the current Per-source volume control as well and let the user choose.

Last edited:
I can’t say I’ve ever owned an amp that doesn’t start up at the last used volume by default. Nor would I want one as I tend to set the volume how I want then never touch the dial again.

I can’t say I’ve ever owned an amp that doesn’t start up at the last used volume by default. Nor would I want one as I tend to set the volume how I want then never touch the dial again.
WiiM's "Per-source volume control" is not a function that starts at the last used volume. It is a function that allows you to set the volume for each input. And the basic premise is that you can disable the functions that you don't need.🙂

I did and I do right now and I do prefer the default volume on wake up. It's even more of a good idea if several family members take turns using the same amp.

Assuming that this wake up volume is user configurable (as requested by OP) you wouldn't even loose anything. You would simply set the default to your preferred setting and that's it. The added bonus is that your amp will protect you from those instances where you had cranked up the volume the other night and forgot to reset it.

Back