Default Volume Level

onelivewire

One of my favorite WiiM capabilities is essentially the ability to replace the role of a preamplifier in an audio chain, and allowing me to remotely control different zones both as a group and independently.

One issue that I've encountered, though, is volume when adding a WiiM to a listening group. If the volume was cranked from playing a quiet song or use with a different input with a lower 'line-level', my speakers blare when first added to the group and I must rush to adjust them.

Similar to the Alarm function which allows you to set an explicit volume level, a default volume that is returned to after going into standby would be a great feature to be able to set on each device.

One of my favorite WiiM capabilities is essentially the ability to replace the role of a preamplifier in an audio chain, and allowing me to remotely control different zones both as a group and independently.

One issue that I've encountered, though, is volume when adding a WiiM to a listening group. If the volume was cranked from playing a quiet song or use with a different input with a lower 'line-level', my speakers blare when first added to the group and I must rush to adjust them.

Similar to the Alarm function which allows you to set an explicit volume level, a default volume that is returned to after going into standby would be a great feature to be able to set on each device.
I’d highlight this to WiiM by raising a feature request ticket - sounds like a very useful to have.

No, I was suggesting that the OP raised a feature request ticket thru the feedback section in the Wiim home app

Opps, I meant @onelivewire.

I'll be watching out for this one. Exactly the feature I was hoping for. My current integrated amp (Rotel) has this and it's helpful when turning the AV system on once the kids have gone to bed.
I'll be placing the WiiM in a wall cavity (that I have rear access to) so the system will be "headless" for want of a better word.

Having the system start up from a known low volume setting would be perfect.

When I get mine I'll request the same.

Back