Wiim Pro+ SPDIF input spring operated cover broke

jsluk

Hi all, I searched first before posting this issue. I have the Pro Plus since Nov. 2023. I output sound from my TV to the WiiM's SPDIF "in" port. Just noticed that the cable no longer stays locked in place like when it was new. On further inspection, the spring operated mechanism broke off. I can still get a signal to the WiiM but if I wiggle the cable, I could lose the connection.

Is there a way to open this unit up and repair or replace this SPDIF input port? I am guessing that it would cost more than a new WiiM Pro Plus if I am able to find a place to repair it. What do you all suggest? Thanks.

Contact your seller and see what they say. It’s not unreasonable to expect a device at that price point not to break within six months. I’d hope at least they’d offer you a repair or replacement.

I had something simiular happen with one of my Wiim Minis and raised a ticket with Wiim. They asked for proof of purchase and then shipped a replacement when I provided the proof. No quibble.

I had something simiular happen with one of my Wiim Minis and raised a ticket with Wiim. They asked for proof of purchase and then shipped a replacement when I provided the proof. No quibble.
I’d guess you’d perhaps have bought it from the WiiM store on Amazon? Your first recourse on this should always be the retailer, in line with local consumer laws.

Contact your seller and see what they say. It’s not unreasonable to expect a device at that price point not to break within six months. I’d hope at least they’d offer you a repair or replacement.
I bought this through Amazon. Try to contact the vendor. Type out my questions on the messaging app but it would not let me hit the return and send button. That particular button was grey out. Is there any other way to contact the vendor?

I’d guess you’d perhaps have bought it from the WiiM store on Amazon? Your first recourse on this should always be the retailer, in line with local consumer laws.
Thanks I did buy from Amazon. I tried through Amazon to contact WiiM directly with the messaging app but it is not working properly. Is there another way to contact the vendor?

Thanks. How do you raise a ticket with WiiM? Did you go directly to their web site?

Thanks I did buy from Amazon. I tried through Amazon to contact WiiM directly with the messaging app but it is not working properly. Is there another way to contact the vendor?
I had a similar problem with my VPN provider. The only option was Chat but it wanted my name and email, neither was accepted.

I tried on another browser and it worked. It's worth a shot.

Toslink receivers are all fragile. They often break, even on more expensive equipment.

True, that's exactly why I don't A/B test too much if it requires repeatedly unplugging the toslink cables.

I'm actually considering using 2 adapters in a toslink > mini toslink > toslink configuration, leaving one adapter plugged into the WiiM at all times. Just to minimise the wear on the port, and also to semi-permanently protect the polished ends of my cables with the mini toslink adapter connected at all times!! 😂

Back