Reset WiiM Pro Plus Volume to a low setting each start up

taniknight

Hi,
I have just ordered a Pro Plus so that I can put together a "headless" system with every component inside a wall cavity (that I have rear access to).
The Pro+ will serve as front end and preamplifier for my power amplifer (and active speakers in the future), so the Pro+ will also be doing volume control.

Can I set the Pro+ to reset its volume to a sensible level each time it wakes to start playing?

My current amp does this after each shut down and its a great feature for us to ensure that sound doesn't blare out of the speakers when I have turned on the TV after the kids are asleep.

I couldn't find this info in the manual or elsewhere, buit please point out the relevent thread if this has been covered.

Thanks.
Tani.

I found this thread immediately after posting...

I guess we'll ahve to wait for a feature update.

Hello! There are any news about that feature?
I set individual volume to each input. The one for the AVR input is set to max. If I forget to change the input before I shutdown the WIIM it starts with its Start Up sound at max level. For me it world be ok to disable the Start Up sound but this is not possible too I think.

Hello! There are any news about that feature?
I set individual volume to each input. The one for the AVR input is set to max. If I forget to change the input before I shutdown the WIIM it starts with its Start Up sound at max level. For me it world be ok to disable the Start Up sound but this is not possible too I think.
Hi jojolino,

If the volume setting on your device exceeds 50%, it will automatically adjust to 50% upon startup. Could you please verify if this is the case with your device? Thank you!
Additionally, we are working on a feature that will allow you to set a default volume level other than 50%. Stay tuned for updates!

Thanks for the quick reply!
I have tested, if I set the output to 50% the volume is also reduced accordingly. If I set it to maximum, which is what I need, the start sound of the WIIM is played at 100%. So the automatic reduction to 50% does not work for me.
I have the latest version

Back