Tidal Connect Quality?

Witterings

Major Contributor
I've never tried Tidal before but with their new pricing am tempted to at least have a trial ... does anyone know what resolution you can stream from the Tidal App?

Generally speaking, Tidal has now the same bit depth of theirs Qobuz counterparts, especially for new releases.
Tidal keeps MQA for those file that were in that format and carried in 44.1KHz 16bit, since they differ from regular flac in a header flag only and are the same for the rest, it's really not a problem.
Depending from the publishers, some few deeper MQA are still present.

I've just signed up for the £2 for 60 day trial so be interesting to see how I get on.

Using Tidal "Connect" I can cast to each individual WiiM, is there any way to create groups for WiiM's i.e. Longe and Kitchen ... the same as you can with Amazom / Alexa.
I know you can cast to Chromecast groups but for varios reasons would prefer not to.

I've just signed up for the £2 for 60 day trial so be interesting to see how I get on.

Using Tidal "Connect" I can cast to each individual WiiM, is there any way to create groups for WiiM's i.e. Longe and Kitchen ... the same as you can with Amazom / Alexa.
I know you can cast to Chromecast groups but for varios reasons would prefer not to.
Don't know if it would work but you could try grouping the devices in the WiiM Home app and then use Tidal Connect to the main device. Linkplay groups are restricted to 24/48 although given less than 10% of Tidal's catalog exceeds that, that may not matter all that much

Back