Add a co-axial input.

deanerino

I'm aware the WiiM Pro has a co-axial output. I have a CD player with a co-axial output and would like to be able to use it with the Wiim's internal DAC. CD players, CD's, they're still a thing. I just can't get why there's a co-ax output, but no input! Wha? Maybe on the "son of WiiM Pro, we can look forward to accomodating CD players with co-ax output. thnx

just that in the first place it's a streamer not a dac
hihi

In my place I use the burr-brown dac that's included with the streamer. A co-ax input along with the optical input would be a nice option. Even if you prefer a downstream dac being able to choose inputs via the app, or button, for people with other digital sources adds function.

Last edited:
I put in a vote for having both coax and optical inputs. It used to be you could count on CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray players to have both optical and coax outputs, but I've noticed some models only have coax.

Me too. I don't know how difficult or costly it would be to incorporate an app selectable switch for the coaxial jack into the Pro or Pro Plus design. Digital coaxial output, digital coaxial input, or analog subwoofer output.

Back