Airplay And 44.1/16 Line In

nsbulk

I've noticed with the Pro Plus when the output is set to Airplay it automatically tells Roon and Roon will downsample the audio automatically as appropriate. Fantastic! My question is does the unit do this for other inputs as well? If I have the Line In set to something greater than 44.1/16 but select Airplay to send it to another room will the unit automatically switch the line in to 44.1/16 to match Airplay and avoid a second conversion?

I've noticed with the Pro Plus when the output is set to Airplay it automatically tells Roon and Roon will downsample the audio automatically as appropriate. Fantastic! My question is does the unit do this for other inputs as well? If I have the Line In set to something greater than 44.1/16 but select Airplay to send it to another room will the unit automatically switch the line in to 44.1/16 to match Airplay and avoid a second conversion?
Is the Pro+ different to the Pro in this respect as I see nowhere to “set” the line in?

Yes, the Line In on the Pro Plus can be set to different sample rates and bit depths.

Back