Trouble with Audio Output to AirPlay

musig

Hi,
still exploring the features of WiiM Amp, today I tested a bit the "Audio Output" setting.
Specifically I wanted to redirect the Line-In Input to an AirPlay AppleTV.
The redirection works fine but setting back the "Audio Output" to "Speaker Out" automatically changes also the "Audio Input" to "Ethernet" so I have to select manually the "Line-In" input again.

To reproduce the problem:
  1. Select Line-In input and play some music
  2. Select "Audio output" -> "AirPlay Receiver" -> an AirPlay receiver. Now music should come from the AirPlay device
  3. Without deselecting the current AirPlay device, go back to "Audio Output" and select "Speaker Out" again
  4. At this point my "Audio Input" is set to Ethernet instead of "Line-In"
Have a nice day

I have two Sony Airplay Speakers (SA NS310 and SA NS510), both connected via Ethernet cable to my LAN. SA NS310 diectly to the Router, SA NS510 via PowerLine. In the list of Audio Output Airplay I can only see and choose the SA NS310. Why is there only one of the receivers visible?

I have two Sony Airplay Speakers (SA NS310 and SA NS510), both connected via Ethernet cable to my LAN. SA NS310 diectly to the Router, SA NS510 via PowerLine. In the list of Audio Output Airplay I can only see and choose the SA NS310. Why is there only one of the receivers visible?
Is the SA NS310 on the same SSID/ network as the NS510? Can you see both from your phone if you try to Airplay from that?

It may be useful to submit a ticket to WiiM thru the settings/ feedback section in the WiiM Home app so they can check your device logs for clues.

In Bubble UPNP on my Android Phone I can see both speakers. Both speakers are in the same Network.

Can you temporarily swap the speakers to see if it's the presence of the powerline adaptors that's influencing the issue?

Can you temporarily swap the speakers to see if it's the presence of the powerline adaptors that's influencing the issue?
I swapped the devices, it makes no difference. I can only see the SA NS310 in my WiiM App - now connected to the network via PowerLine

OK, thanks. Sounds like a potential issue with the NS510 and WiiM's Airplay casting. Is the firmware in both speakers up to date?

As I suggested above, submitting a ticket would allow WiiM to inspect your device logs for clues. You should mention in your ticket that you have swapped locations and the issue appears to follow the NS510

OK, thanks. Sounds like a potential issue with the NS510 and WiiM's Airplay casting. Is the firmware in both speakers up to date?

As I suggested above, submitting a ticket would allow WiiM to inspect your device logs for clues. You should mention in your ticket that you have swapped locations and the issue appears to follow the NS510
The problem was solved by a firmware update on the SA-NS510

Back