Airplay Transmit exclusive output?

bom13

When “airplay transmit” is selected on WiimPro is that exclusive from any other outputs? I am wondering if I can output via “aux” to a connected device while broadcasting airplay…so selected source plays via airplay stream and hard-wired “aux”.
thanks
Brian

Why don't you try it? I think its unlikely but I don't know

I can confirm that this is an either/or feature. Which is a huge bummer, I want to use my wiim pro as my incoming streaming device and simultaneously output line out and airplay to other speakers in the house. Any idea if this is possible / coming in future updates?

Not in the short term I’d guess - maybe best raising a feature request ticket to WiiM and get an answer straight from the horse’s mouth

How is your system set up? If your WiiM’s line out is set to an input on a powered speaker, yes, you’re out of luck once you want to airplay the line-in on the WiiM to another speaker.

However, if you are using a receiver that has an Auxiliary in (input only) and a set of Tape In RCA connections: Record Out and Line In, you can: play music on the amp through the Aux RCAs, but pipe the Record Out to the Line-in on the WiiM. You can send that audio to any of your other speakers over airplay.

I wouldn’t use the Rec Out and Tape In because you could end up with a nasty feedback loop if you select the Tape input. Feedback was a problem you had to avoid if you wanted to monitor a tape recording on a three-head deck.

Record Out is like a pre-amp out, but at line-level. It will output all music coming from any other components you have hooked up to the inputs on the amp. So, if you’ve got a record player, digital disc player, tape deck, etc., you can play that audio to other WiiM or Airplay targets.

The only issue would be that the music played to other speakers will be delayed compared to what is playing on the receiver that is hooked up to the line-in on the WiiM.

I can confirm that this is an either/or feature. Which is a huge bummer, I want to use my wiim pro as my incoming streaming device and simultaneously output line out and airplay to other speakers in the house. Any idea if this is possible / coming in future updates?
Hi dmcnewman,

You can certainly group your WiiM Pro with other AirPlay 2-compatible speakers using the AirPlay 2 protocol.

The tricky part of enabling simultaneous output through Line Out and AirPlay to other speakers is ensuring flawless synchronization. Different AirPlay 2 speakers may have varying latency, affecting the timing of audio playback. Rest assured, this feature is on our to-do list, but we want to perfect the synchronization before making it available.

Any news about this feature? I would love it and it would make my multiroom system perfect. :)

Any news about this feature? I would love it and it would make my multiroom system perfect. :)
Just purchased the Wiim Pro Plus with the anticipation that I could direct audio playback through the Line-Out to my stereo system in my living room and simultaneously broadcast via blue tooth and/or airplay to wireless speakers in other rooms, but was really bummed to discover only one output can be selected at a time. I’m guessing it might take a little while for WIIM to sort out the synchronization issue (mentioned in earlier post) and allow multiple output transmissions. Does anyone know if Sonos Port or other similar devices allow simultaneous output to both line-out and AirPlay (and/or Bluetooth)?

Just purchased the Wiim Pro Plus with the anticipation that I could direct audio playback through the Line-Out to my stereo system in my living room and simultaneously broadcast via blue tooth and/or airplay to wireless speakers in other rooms, but was really bummed to discover only one output can be selected at a time. I’m guessing it might take a little while for WIIM to sort out the synchronization issue (mentioned in earlier post) and allow multiple output transmissions. Does anyone know if Sonos Port or other similar devices allow simultaneous output to both line-out and AirPlay (and/or Bluetooth)?

Since it’s possible to do as you wish if you have 2 or more WiiMs which you can sync together there is really no motive for WiiM to enable multiple simultaneous outputs on a single device. Doing so would reduce sales opportunities

Back