Bluetooth output stutter when playing in "multi room"

neild7744

Hi,

I'm having an issue with 2x WiiM mini's when output is selected to Bluetooth.

When I stream audio (any input) into each WiiM mini, Bluetooth output (connected to my Bose Minilink), as a single device works fine, no issues.

When I stream to 1 WiiM mini (any input) and try to "multi room" to the second WiiM mini, Bluetooth output fails / is intermittent. Ive also got a WiiM Pro Plus, & when I try to stream music to the Pro Plus (any input) & then expand to the WiiM mini's, Bluetooth outputs on the WiiM mini's doesn't work randomly starts / stops. Aux out works fine?

Ive done some basic checks in the app, no success. Both my WiiM mini's act the same & both WiiM mini's are located next to my Bluetooth speakers? Can anyone help?

Hi,

I'm having an issue with 2x WiiM mini's when output is selected to Bluetooth.

When I stream audio (any input) into each WiiM mini, Bluetooth output (connected to my Bose Minilink), as a single device works fine, no issues.

When I stream to 1 WiiM mini (any input) and try to "multi room" to the second WiiM mini, Bluetooth output fails / is intermittent. Ive also got a WiiM Pro Plus, & when I try to stream music to the Pro Plus (any input) & then expand to the WiiM mini's, Bluetooth outputs on the WiiM mini's doesn't work randomly starts / stops. Aux out works fine?

Ive done some basic checks in the app, no success. Both my WiiM mini's act the same & both WiiM mini's are located next to my Bluetooth speakers? Can anyone help?
Hi,

Yes, according to the tests I've done here, only the host device can successfully Bluetooth transmit in multi-room music. This is probably a WiiM specification, but please report it to support as it may be a bug. If you submit a support ticket with WiiM app feedback after you have done a test in Multi-Room, the logs will also be sent.

Best submitting a ticket to WiiM thru the settings/feedback section in the WiiM Home app when the issue occurs so they can inspect your device logs for evidence

Hi,

Yes, according to the tests I've done here, only the host device can successfully Bluetooth transmit in multi-room music. This is probably a WiiM specification, but please report it to support as it may be a bug. If you submit a support ticket with WiiM app feedback after you have done a test in Multi-Room, the logs will also be sent.

Thankyou for the reply. I was wondering whether this was something along the lines of multi-room streaming being limited on Bluetooth.

What im wanting to achieve is this (and I don't know whether this is possible):

WiiM Pro Plus in my lounge - Output Toslink to my amp & speakers
Wiim Mini (1) in my first bedroom - Output via Bluetooth to my Bose speaker (1)
Wiim Mini (2) in my second bedroom - Output via Bluetooth to my Bose speaker (2)

Thanks.

WiiM Pro Plus in my lounge - Output Toslink to my amp & speakers
Wiim Mini (1) in my first bedroom - Output via Bluetooth to my Bose speaker (1)
Wiim Mini (2) in my second bedroom - Output via Bluetooth to my Bose speaker (2)

Thanks.

As it stands, you probably won't be able to play three of them in a multi-room at the same time.

1. Mini (1) [host] + pro plus
2. Mini (2) [host] + pro plus

Try to see if the combination of the two works for you.

* I think you need to link the pro plus to the Mini.

If the aforementioned test is successful and this is the WiiM specification, I think changing one of the two Minis to wired output will solve the problem.

As it stands, you probably won't be able to play three of them in a multi-room at the same time.

1. Mini (1) [host] + pro plus
2. Mini (2) [host] + pro plus

Try to see if the combination of the two works for you.

* I think you need to link the pro plus to the Mini.
Hi. Thanks for your reply. When I have the 2x mini's plugged in via "aux out" and the pro plus output via toslink, I can stream out on all 3 at the same time, with no issues connecting to any device in any room (as input) and streaming out across my home - So whichever device is the "host" doesn't seem to matter.

Regarding the bluetooth (and I think as you previously suggested), If I stream to 1 of my mini's which has its output connected to bluetooth & then in the WiiM app add to output on the pro plus, everything works ok. It seems that streaming to the mini (as host) and then extending to other WiiM devices seems to work ok, whereas using the pro plus as host & streaming to the mini, when output on the mini is bluetooth I run into problems (if this makes sense).

Im assuming thats what you mean by your last comment about linking the pro plus to the mini? As in host as mini, link to pro plus, or am I mis-understanding?

Thanks.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. When I have the 2x mini's plugged in via "aux out" and the pro plus output via toslink, I can stream out on all 3 at the same time, with no issues connecting to any device in any room (as input) and streaming out across my home - So whichever device is the "host" doesn't seem to matter.

Regarding the bluetooth (and I think as you previously suggested), If I stream to 1 of my mini's which has its output connected to bluetooth & then in the WiiM app add to output on the pro plus, everything works ok. It seems that streaming to the mini (as host) and then extending to other WiiM devices seems to work ok, whereas using the pro plus as host & streaming to the mini, when output on the mini is bluetooth I run into problems (if this makes sense).

Im assuming thats what you mean by your last comment about linking the pro plus to the mini? As in host as mini, link to pro plus, or am I mis-understanding?

Thanks.
I think your understanding is correct. (Sorry, my native language is not English.)

Based on the results of your tests, does the following method work properly with Multi-Room (MRM)?

Mini 1 (Bluetooth output) = host
Mini 2 (AUX output)
Pro plus (Toslink output)

* Make Mini 1 the host. (Link Mini 2 and Pro plus to Mini 1.)
* Streaming to Mini 1.

If this method works without any problems, I think this will be the only solution for now.

I think your understanding is correct. (Sorry, my native language is not English.)

Based on the results of your tests, does the following method work properly with Multi-Room (MRM)?

Mini 1 (Bluetooth output) = host
Mini 2 (AUX output)
Pro plus (Toslink output)

* Make Mini 1 the host. (Link Mini 2 and Pro plus to Mini 1.)
* Streaming to Mini 1.

If this method works without any problems, I think this will be the only solution for now.
Yes it does, as per your config suggestion above.

Back