Alexa doesn't see WiiM Pro

anedand

New WiiM Pro is working great through Spotify connect but Alexa doesn’t see the device, so I can’t add it to a group, set it as a preferred speaker, or utilize the voice controls.
  • I’m signed into Amazon in the WiiM app.
  • I’ve disabled HD/UHD in the Amazon Alexa settings
  • Everything is on the same WiFi
  • I’ve rebooting everything, router, WiiM Pro, phone, and all the apps.
  • I’m on app version 2.3.6.22121514 (iOS)
  • Firmware Version 4.8.438466
Everything online I’ve found just says to add the device with no instructions on how to find the device when it doesn’t show up.
Please advise.

That’s where I’ve signed in (to Amazon/Alexa) - is there something else to be done there?

Attachments

• 6EA8F319-EC24-4047-B6FF-C2F2F02B9FF2.png
    6EA8F319-EC24-4047-B6FF-C2F2F02B9FF2.png
    786.9 KB · Views: 17
Not sure then...
I took your first point to mean you signed in to Amazon music; my misunderstanding.
I don't use Alexa, grouping etc. other than simply casting to the wiim from the amazon music app.
Hopefully someone else can help you!

Where are you from? AlexaCast isn’t available everywhere, although the Wiim should appear under echo/Alexa devices in the alexa app irrespective of that.

I’m in California, and to be clear, I don’t use Amazon music, just don’t know why the WiiM isn’t visible as a device/speaker in the Alexa app.

If I navigate to Devices/AllDevices in the Alexa iOS app I see all my WiiMs. I had to use the Alexa app to rename them from the default Amazon assigns them when they are authorized - Your Name’s WiiM (Mini or Pro). If your not seeing it here, maybe try logging it out in the WiiM app and re-authorizing?

Have the same issue with wiim pro, but I think is related to wired vs wifi connection… I’m able to see the wiim pro with wireless connected. If I connect with Ethernet cable Alexa is unable to see the device.

Have the same issue with wiim pro, but I think is related to wired vs wifi connection… I’m able to see the wiim pro with wireless connected. If I connect with Ethernet cable Alexa is unable to see the device.
Might be something in your network setup, Alexa sees my Ethernet connected Pro.

If you can reproduce that, send Wiim a ticket in the app so they can inspect the device/app log file and hopefully diagnose the root cause.

Way late to this post, but I had this problem today when setting up my Pro to use Alexa. The problem was solved when I rebooted the Pro.

Back