Alexa Play - Audible audio playback issue

castalla

Major Contributor
Using the Alexa app to Play an Audible stream works as expected if the Wiim uses Aux output.

However, if output is to a connected bluetooth device, theen the audioi Is played at high speed (chipmunk effect). There are no settings to slow the speech to normal speed.

I don't know if WiiM devices officially support Audible tbh. Best submitting a ticket to WiiM via the feedback section in the WiiM Home app so they can investigate

Thanks very much for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience caused! We have fixed this issue and plan to release the new firmware in this week. Thanks very much for your patience in advance.

Thanks very much for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience caused! We have fixed this issue and plan to release the new firmware in this week. Thanks very much for your patience in advance.
My mini updated firmware this morning 4.6.526632

Is this the firmware fix? If so, then it has not fixed the issue. Double speed and Alexa Play intermittently reports unable to play.

My mini updated firmware this morning 4.6.526632

Is this the firmware fix? If so, then it has not fixed the issue. Double speed and Alexa Play intermittently reports unable to play.
4.6.526632 is an older version.
It is currently 527365

PS.
I don't think the new firmware they say is coming yet.

Back