Amazon Alexa app.

DaveO55

Hi all.

Just a thought, would be nice if you could write the android app to be compatible with alexa apps.
I sideloaded the current app to my amazon cube and while it loaded it didn't display properly or remote control function.
I would just love to be able to use my big screen TV to chose my music and leave on. Bit like amazon's own music app.
Well I can dream. Keep up the excellent work.

Dave UK.

What you’re asking isn’t really related to Alexa, what you’re after is a fire tv version of the WiiM app, designed to work in a FireOS/ tv screen setup. As you’ve discovered, controlling a mobile android app isn’t the same as controlling a tv app because of the different interface.

Yes, that's what I ment to say. Would it be anything that the team could consider or is it a definite no no. 😀

Yes, that's what I ment to say. Would it be anything that the team could consider or is it a definite no no. 😀
I wouldn’t say a definite no no, just a pretty unlikely yes ;)

While I agree that there are some that would to see artwork etc on screen (and some have done that via some external means), I don’t think there are many who would want to use their tv as their main control point.

Guess you maybe could mirror a tablet’s screen to your tv though

Back