Amazon App Cast: Volume Issue - Solution!

Jb09

Hi, recently set up my WiiM Pro via optical to my AVR. I’m having an issue with the volume level almost being inaudible when casting from the Amazon App directly. Alexa and WiiM app work fine when playing music from Amazon, Spotify app works fine too. I have WiiM set to output at fixed volume at 2 vrms. Streaming quality is set to HD/UltraHD in Amazon app, app version 22.15.12.121479 on iOS. Please advise!

Solution
Indeed, but as wiim say (alexa) casting from amazon is no different from using wiim home app to play amazon, and JB says it works from wiim, it suggests that maybe it's using chromecast from the amazon app, not alexa cast..
So after a bit more investigating, the issue occurs when using Chromecast protocol not Alexa Cast. I didn’t realize that both protocols appear as options simultaneously from the device menu in the Amazon Music app. Easily solved by just selecting the “alexa” device! But there’s clearly a bug for those who don’t use Alexa. Thanks for the reponses!
Just wondering if you're casting via chromecast or via Alexa cast, although I don't know if/why the former would be quieter or possibly always use the casting device's volume.
Does adjusting the phone/table volume make a difference?

Little point in using Chromecast as it’s not officially supported for Amazon Music HD/UHD although some have seen it support 16/44.1. I have no issues using AlexaCast

Indeed, but as wiim say (alexa) casting from amazon is no different from using wiim home app to play amazon, and JB says it works from wiim, it suggests that maybe it's using chromecast from the amazon app, not alexa cast..

If using Chromecast in any situation, also check the google home app as it controls the volume and bass/treble too…

So after a bit more investigating, the issue occurs when using Chromecast protocol not Alexa Cast. I didn’t realize that both protocols appear as options simultaneously from the device menu in the Amazon Music app. Easily solved by just selecting the “alexa” device! But there’s clearly a bug for those who don’t use Alexa. Thanks for the reponses!

Solution
I've also noticed a quieter Amazon hd cast to the WiiM Pro's Chromecast. And it sounds worse meanwhile when Alexa casted to a Chromecast audio sounds good, with the now playing queue.

It’s not a bug if you have the Chromecast volume set lower in the Google home app

It’s not a bug if you have the Chromecast volume set lower in the Google home app
This is my only chromecast device so I didn’t realize there was a separate volume control in the Google home app. Either way, it’s not respecting the “Fixed Volume” setting on the WiiM (but that may be Google limitation, not an issue with the WiiM).

This is my only chromecast device so I didn’t realize there was a separate volume control in the Google home app. Either way, it’s not respecting the “Fixed Volume” setting on the WiiM (but that may be Google limitation, not an issue with the WiiM).
Yeah, it seems to be a “feature” of Chromecast devices. I encountered it over EQ and another post about it not being several db lower than anticipated. Don’t know if WiiM can do much about it, it might just be a quirk of Chromecast itself and Google not relinquishing control to a third party app.

Back