Amazon HD interface needs much improvement

abearing

I have over 3000 saved songs on Amazon HD. Normally, on my computer, or my phone, I can randomly play them. In Wiim, I cannot access more than 100 songs all beginning with the same letter. I can scroll down to a letter ( time consuming) and play 100 L songs or G songs. At most. When will you be able to make the Amazon interface app work like it does on all other play sources.? Thanks, and Please......

I do for casual listening but the sound quality is simply not as good as thru the WIIM. Verified by my okay ears, and my wife's excellent ears and friend's very good ears.

I do for casual listening but the sound quality is simply not as good as thru the WIIM. Verified by my okay ears, and my wife's excellent ears and friend's very good ears.
Mhhhhhh 🤔
Frankly, I believe that a difference in music quality with two different Apps is not possible.
It is Amazon that manages the music quality, not the Apps.

Feeling....nothin' more than feelin'...😉
Has to be respected, I think we all have such experience, especially in audio with so much "soft facts".

Have you set up casting fully?

In the wiim home app. Browse menu, music services, amazon alexa. Then, still in wiim app, go to the Device menu, click the cog (settings), then toggle on hd/uhd within the amazon alexa settings menu.

You should then find a 'round' cast icon for the wiim in the amazon app's cast options.
i.e. alexacast; not airplay, not chromecast.

This should be exactly the same as amazon via wiim app.

In the wiim home app. Browse menu, music services, amazon alexa. Then, still in wiim app, go to the Device menu, click the cog (settings), then toggle on hd/uhd within the amazon alexa settings menu.

You should then find a 'round' cast icon for the wiim in the amazon app's cast options.

Indeed - when properly set up, casting from the amazon music app or playing from the Wiim home app should deliver the same bit perfect stream with no change in quality.

Also, the constraints in the Wiim app are likely down to the API that Amazon release to third parties - this has already been confirmed by Amazon to WiiM in the first entry on this link https://faq.wiimhome.com/support/solutions/articles/72000572637-wiim-mini-known-issues

Do you just mean listening to the app, but not thru the WiiM? Have you tried casting to the Wiim from the Amazon music app I.e. choose settings, then connect to a device?

Do you just mean listening to the app, but not thru the WiiM? Have you tried casting to the Wiim from the Amazon music app I.e. choose settings, then connect to a device?
I took 'thru the wiim' to mean using WHA. i.e. casting fram amazon app (but we don't know how) was not as good as using the wiim app to play music.

Well... time to figure our what was wrong with the setup.

BTW, how did you compare it exactly?

Seems that there are some doubters in this thread... ;)
It could be as simple as two different versions being sourced for streaming - *everyone* knows that it's the quality of the recording / mastering that makes the difference, not the sample rate it's delivered at. :devilish:
(Airplay notwithstanding.. :LOL:)

Last edited:

Thanks, but I don't have nor really want Alexa.

Thanks, but I don't have nor really want Alexa.
It’s got little to do with the voice assistant. The means whereby the Amazon Music app casts to an echo or a WiiM device is using the AlexaCast protocol. All that’s needed to enable that is for to use the Alexa entry in the WiiM Home app to link your WiiM device to your Amazon account under which you subscribe to Amazon Music. It doesn’t mean you have to use an echo or the Alexa voice assistant at all, nor even install the Alexa app, and would allow you the full facilities of the amazon music app and the highest quality bit perfect playback on your WiiM device.

It’s got little to do with the voice assistant. The means whereby the Amazon Music app casts to an echo or a WiiM device is using the AlexaCast protocol. All that’s needed to enable that is for to use the Alexa entry in the WiiM Home app to link your WiiM device to your Amazon account under which you subscribe to Amazon Music. It doesn’t mean you have to use an echo or the Alexa voice assistant at all, and would allow you the full facilities of the amazon music app and the highest quality bit perfect playback on your WiiM device.
Native speaker always has his advantage :)

Mhhhhhh 🤔
Frankly, I believe that a difference in music quality with two different Apps is not possible.
It is Amazon that manages the music quality, not the Apps.
I don't have Alexa so I can't speak to casting that way. I listen thru Wiim music services, or alternatively, and of lesser quality, use the Amazon HD app on my tablet cast thru WIIM. The app thru the tablet goes thru the tablet's electronics before reaching WIIM. Wiim is set up, just as Blue node or HIFi Rose or whatever server to serve only music and that's why the ways they do that make them attractive for music only listening. If I run the Amazon app through my laptop into my sound system, it will and does sound less good. Which is to be expected from a machine not designed to play music. I could run Amazon HD thru my phone to WIIM and it also would sound worse. Just as a high res file played thru my phone versus played a high res DAP will sound different.

I don't have Alexa so I can't speak to casting that way. I listen thru Wiim music services, or alternatively, and of lesser quality, use the Amazon HD app on my tablet cast thru WIIM. The app thru the tablet goes thru the tablet's electronics before reaching WIIM. Wiim is set up, just as Blue node or HIFi Rose or whatever server to serve only music and that's why the ways they do that make them attractive for music only listening. If I run the Amazon app through my laptop into my sound system, it will and does sound less good. Which is to be expected from a machine not designed to play music. I could run Amazon HD thru my phone to WIIM and it also would sound worse. Just as a high res file played thru my phone versus played a high res DAP will sound different.
It's just about registering your WiiM in Alexa service, that's all. This way your streamer will be visible in Amazon Music app as an Alexa device to let you to stream to it with the full quality. It's like Spotify Connect but for Amazon Music.

Indeed - when properly set up, casting from the amazon music app or playing from the Wiim home app should deliver the same bit perfect stream with no change in quality.

Also, the constraints in the Wiim app are likely down to the API that Amazon release to third parties - this has already been confirmed by Amazon to WiiM in the first entry on this link https://faq.wiimhome.com/support/solutions/articles/72000572637-wiim-mini-known-issues
It's just about registering your WiiM in Alexa service, that's all. This way your streamer will be visible in Amazon Music app as an Alexa device to let you to stream to it with the full quality. It's like Spotify Connect but for Amazon Music.
Thanks, I'll try that

Back