Amazon HD interface needs much improvement

abearing

I have over 3000 saved songs on Amazon HD. Normally, on my computer, or my phone, I can randomly play them. In Wiim, I cannot access more than 100 songs all beginning with the same letter. I can scroll down to a letter ( time consuming) and play 100 L songs or G songs. At most. When will you be able to make the Amazon interface app work like it does on all other play sources.? Thanks, and Please......

Tidal and Spotify both use casting thru their Connect mechanism, and Qobuz Connect is in development. AlexaCast is merely Amazon Music‘s Connect/casting equivalent. A Connect or casting protocol allows the delivery of the highest quality stream direct to the target device, in this case the WiiM , and the streaming music service app more or less becomes a remote control.

Most third party APIs, like that used by WiiM in their app for all the streaming services it supports, are limited in features and don’t approach what you can do with the native app. Indeed, I’d go as far as to say that casting will be the choice of streaming services in the future, with their third party APIs being deprecated.

You don’t need to “have Alexa” to use casting from the Amazon Music app, you just need to link the WiiM app to your Amazon account. Perhaps if the app entry was called “Amazon music cast”, it would allay any fears (misguided I must say) about what you perceive as the use of the Alexa voice service.

I don't have Alexa so I can't speak to casting that way. I listen thru Wiim music services, or alternatively, and of lesser quality, use the Amazon HD app on my tablet cast thru WIIM. The app thru the tablet goes thru the tablet's electronics before reaching WIIM. Wiim is set up, just as Blue node or HIFi Rose or whatever server to serve only music and that's why the ways they do that make them attractive for music only listening. If I run the Amazon app through my laptop into my sound system, it will and does sound less good. Which is to be expected from a machine not designed to play music. I could run Amazon HD thru my phone to WIIM and it also would sound worse. Just as a high res file played thru my phone versus played a high res DAP will sound different.

Thanks, I'll try that
Er.
I don't have Alexa so I can't speak to casting that way. I listen thru Wiim music services, or alternatively, and of lesser quality, use the Amazon HD app on my tablet cast thru WIIM. The app thru the tablet goes thru the tablet's electronics before reaching WIIM. Wiim is set up, just as Blue node or HIFi Rose or whatever server to serve only music and that's why the ways they do that make them attractive for music only listening. If I run the Amazon app through my laptop into my sound system, it will and does sound less good. Which is to be expected from a machine not designed to play music. I could run Amazon HD thru my phone to WIIM and it also would sound worse. Just as a high res file played thru my phone versus played a high res DAP will sound different.

Thanks, I'll try that
Er, I can't seem to find how to do that. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks

In the Wiim Home app main Browse page, select Amazon Alexa then enter your Amazon credentials…

Once you’ve done that, in the Amazon music app, choose settings, then Connect to a Device and choose your Wiim.

In the Wiim Home app main Browse page, select Amazon Alexa then enter your Amazon credentials…

Once you’ve done that, in the Amazon music app, choose settings, then Connect to a Device and choose your Wiim.
... if his country is supported of course ;)

Being in Alexa supported country is not the same as being in Alexa Cast supported country, where correct connection between Amazon Music service provider and Alexa infrastructure provider must be made.

Amazon Music service expects the casting device to be maintained by the same country subdomain as music marketplace, for example amazon.co.uk and alexa.amazon.co.uk. Some countries have no dedicated marketplace or alexa subdomains witch leads to the mismatch and incorrect lookups when Amazon Music app tries to find Alexa devices for casting.

Back