Amazon UHD on Android tv

MHK

I would like to keep using the Amazon music app on my TV and play UHD music through the WiiM pro.
Would this work if I connect my TV optical out to optical in on the WiiM?
The WiiM is then connected to my surround amp with internal DAC via optical cable .

It’s highly unlikely that the Amazon Music app on that forum will produce bit perfect playback up to 24/192, plus I expect your tv’s optical output will be constrained to 24/48

Thanks! You are right. Most TV's are capped at 16/41 or something like that.
I did find an article about a way around by using a Fire stick and HDMI audio extractor.
I might try that.

A lot depends on your "surround amp". Mine has HDMI inputs and HDMI output to TV with ARC (Audio Return Channel).
I have an Amazon Fire TV Cube on one of the inputs. The audio never gets to the actual TV - its extracted by the AVR and output to speakers, any video is sent to TV. This would give full 24/192 if I subscribed to Amazon Music Unlimited (which I don't).
If we watch Terresetial TV via the TV aerial then the audio is sent to the AVR by way of the ARC. I keep meaning to plug an optical cable in instead of the ARC to see what the difference is (if any).

A lot depends on your "surround amp". Mine has HDMI inputs and HDMI output to TV with ARC (Audio Return Channel).
I have an Amazon Fire TV Cube on one of the inputs. The audio never gets to the actual TV - its extracted by the AVR and output to speakers, any video is sent to TV. This would give full 24/192 if I subscribed to Amazon Music Unlimited (which I don't).
If we watch Terresetial TV via the TV aerial then the audio is sent to the AVR by way of the ARC. I keep meaning to plug an optical cable in instead of the ARC to see what the difference is (if any).
While it may well give 24/192, it's not bit perfect - all tracks will be output at 24/192.

Ok, but will you still be able to use the Amazon music app on the TV?
Thanks

Back